• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Pocket clips

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about that I have the 17500 Logan and there are little unknurled bands at both ends that the ZL clip fits in like it was made to.
I mean it could pop off like all clips that are just held on by tension and not screwed on as Coup suggests.

Great discovery
icon14.gif
The reason I ordered a keychain body instead of a pocket body for the Logan is because of the current unavailability of a clip option for the pocket body; the shorter length of the pocket body would have been ideal for us. Since I

"[it] snaps into the grooves on a Logan like it was made to! ... and though they may pop off on their own ..."

(1) Do you mean that initially the ZL clip snaps on like it's a perfect fit but then later on comes off by itself ?

(2) Also, since I don't know if the Logan CR123 body is the same diameter as the Logan 17500/AA body, can I ask which Logan you tried the ZL clip on ?

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thank you all !

I'm sorry if this will sound like a silly question. If the family member I bought this flashlight for is pleased with it, then I think I'll buy a pocket body and this ZL clip.

But we've never used a tension clip before. How do you put one on ? If there's more than one way to do it, is there a better way and a worse way of doing it ? I'm not sure if you're supposed to slide it down the body until you've positioned it where you want it or if you're supposed to press the gap in the clip against the body until the clip stretches itself around the body and snaps itself into place.

As far as popping off from enough tension -- while I'm working on something or going for a walk, sometimes it's handier to have my 4sevens MiniAAx2 clipped to the outside of my pocket for just a little bit faster access to it. So if I had a body with a tension clip attached like that to the outside of the pocket, does the clip grip the body well enough that it would take a considerable enough of amount of tension to pop the body off ? Or could the grip be described as tenuous such that pocket-carrying it inside the pocket is fine but outside the pocket would be risky ?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the reason that I don't like pocket clips,they can and will come off as soon as you are comfortable that they won't!
The ZL clip on the 17500 Logan is pretty tight as these go but I lose them all the time anyway so I a always careful about it,again not that it really helps.

I just push it into the slot between the knurled sections and am worried it will scratch the light there but it will be a lot harder to slide it on at least with this combination.

The clips that bolt down under some body part are certainly better in every way except the cost.

Thank you all !

I'm sorry if this will sound like a silly question. If the family member I bought this flashlight for is pleased with it, then I think I'll buy a pocket body and this ZL clip.

But we've never used a tension clip before. How do you put one on ? If there's more than one way to do it, is there a better way and a worse way of doing it ? I'm not sure if you're supposed to slide it down the body until you've positioned it where you want it or if you're supposed to press the gap in the clip against the body until the clip stretches itself around the body and snaps itself into place.

As far as popping off from enough tension -- while I'm working on something or going for a walk, sometimes it's handier to have my 4sevens MiniAAx2 clipped to the outside of my pocket for just a little bit faster access to it. So if I had a body with a tension clip attached like that to the outside of the pocket, does the clip grip the body well enough that it would take a considerable enough of amount of tension to pop the body off ? Or could the grip be described as tenuous such that pocket-carrying it inside the pocket is fine but outside the pocket would be risky ?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used snap ring pliers to keep this type of pocket clip spread open slightly while positioning it onto a flashlight.

ericbakuladavis

Newly Enlightened
(2) Also, since I don't know if the Logan CR123 body is the same diameter as the Logan 17500/AA body, can I ask which Logan you tried the ZL clip on ?

On Peak's website, both the Logan CR123 and Logan 17500 have a listed barrel diameter of 0.78 inches. So the ZL clip should fit the same on both.

Has anyone found a good clip for the El Capitan? According to Peak, the barrel diameter is 0.738 inches (about 1mm less than the Logan).

Also, has anyone tried using epoxy to attach a tension mounted clip? Perhaps de-greasing, roughing up, and apply epoxy to the flashlight body and clip would provide a sturdy connection.

UPDATE: I ended up doing the epoxy thing. Here's a link to a post where I describe it: link

Last edited: