Polarion Lights

Danny30

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am looking for a handheld searchlight, and am very new to the whole industry and am hoping for advise. I had a friend of a friend recommend that I look at Polarion Abyss light, however reading posts on this website I see older posts about them but nothing more current, Is there a reason? Problems? They do not look to be for sale at a variety of places so I am not sure what is a good price or once again is there a reason? Please any advise or history about these would be helpful as I would not like to waste my money. Thank you very much.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Danny.....they are great lights. Not sure what happened to them but you will be pleased if you get one. I believe I saw a PH40 and a PF40 for sale on this forum at great prices. Check them out.
Might be the new LED lights are giving them a run for their money. I have the Surefire Dominator and love it, but, still miss my Polarion PH40. Surefire is also coming out with the ARC2...should be available in a few weeks.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I dont think they are making them anymore and only ones you will find are used..Check out the Surefire Arc2C $2835.00 Retail and looks like next week on the shelves..

BVH

Flashaholic
Also check out the Xeray LeMax 70. A significant amount cheaper and significantly higher performing with a larger reflector and 70 Watts, plus it's got two levels. Quality is absolutely first rate.

ww.xevision.com/hid_searchlights.html

N10

Newly Enlightened
AElight also offers the "AEX 35/50" on their website. Runs for 220 minutes on low(35W) and 160minutes on high (50W) which imo is pretty good if true & the price seems resonable.I"m not sure if it's a new light, there isn't much info on it but AElight used to and probably still does make some very good HID searchlights.

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Polarion Abyss and its one that will never leave my stable.
I also owned the ph50 and decided one had to go so...I kept the abyss.
It is a great light and has 2 levels of usefulness. The ph50 was awesome too but having low
as well was the deciding factor for me.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
AElight also offers the "AEX 35/50" on their website. Runs for 220 minutes on low(35W) and 160minutes on high (50W) which imo is pretty good if true & the price seems resonable.I"m not sure if it's a new light, there isn't much info on it but AElight used to and probably still does make some very good HID searchlights.
They don't have stock unless its very old and have not been authorized to sell for about 2 years now.

N10

Newly Enlightened
I did not know that AE light aren't authorized to sell. Just thought that the light mentioned seems to have pretty good specs and that they might be a new production model. Is there a reason for them not being able to sell? Thanks for telling us about it. Xevision and polarion lights are probably the safest bet on the high end still.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not know that AE light aren't authorized to sell. Just thought that the light mentioned seems to have pretty good specs and that they might be a new production model. Is there a reason for them not being able to sell? Thanks for telling us about it. Xevision and polarion lights are probably the safest bet on the high end still.

They were removed as an authorized seller about 2 years ago. XeVision is the only authorized seller currently. I am not in a position to say why they were removed. Xevision has always made the ballast in those lights.

yaricket

Newly Enlightened
Polarion L

So only your day time running lights arent working? Have you tried checking the setting on your radio to make sure the exterior daytime lights option are clicked to on ?

Polarion-Sparetech2

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am looking for a handheld searchlight, and am very new to the whole industry and am hoping for advise. I had a friend of a friend recommend that I look at Polarion Abyss light, however reading posts on this website I see older posts about them but nothing more current, Is there a reason? Problems? They do not look to be for sale at a variety of places so I am not sure what is a good price or once again is there a reason? Please any advise or history about these would be helpful as I would not like to waste my money. Thank you very much.

Polarion (the factory in Korea) is still around. I visited last month.

The PH50 light is not available anymore. The PH40 is the still the flagship (>1 km throw, 40 W, 80 minutes of run time) but there are newer products (NP1 - 35 W/ X1) which give slightly longer run time. The Abyss is still a popular choice but if you don't need to actually dive, you may be better off with X1. All Polarion HID lights are water proof to several meters.

All these HID lights are compatible with the standard Polarion accessories (soft/hard cases, filters, protective colors etc). Bulb life is about 2500 hrs.

Polarion has released LED white lights for Search and rescue applications (CF3 and various derivatives) and they are working on a version of PH40 that would use 3 Cree LEDs. I saw a prototype when I visited factory in June. Spec is not finalized so throw and beam quality are unknown. Color will probably be 5300 K(PH40 is 4300 K).

Abyss is still available in the US and in Korea.