Post those >100,000mi vehicles

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The GS was a super nice car. A shame they didn't sell well in their last years.
I have considered an 06+ but holy crap, in good shape they still go for $6k+.
My favorite is the face lifted 2nd gen (03-04) but the 3rd gen are pretty sweet too.

Once Lexus started doing the darth vader face grill I see none that pique my interest.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 3 of them
White truck had 225,000
Suburban OBS had 245,000
Tahoe was a little over 100,000

51755889360_589eed623a_z.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, my Stepson's 2009 Toyota Yaris finally bit the dust. Just shy of 290k. The transmission let go, and cost would be far more than the car is worth. He's buying a used Rav4. We bought him the Yaris in '13 with about 80k on it. First car, 18yo. It routinely went 20k between oil changes, record was 24k if I recall. I got an entire quart of warm oil out of it that time... Brake pads, a couple sets of rotors, several sets of tires, one front hub bearing, plugs at +/- 175k, (misfire code but started and ran fine.) Blew the A/C compressor so we put in a short serpentine belt to bypass it, and the car looks like someone was living in it at a NYC train station. Still started and ran beautifully and it certainly served him well.
My youngest has been bitten by Mr. Fixer's Prelude bug, and currently has two. Both 2000 model year, one stick and one auto. Learned the hard way why Dad wad bugging him so much about doing the timing belt on the stick shift one, it's currently under a cover awaiting a new head. Auto was purchased to replace it, and he had the wisdom to have the timing belts done a week after he got it! Expensive lesson, but he comes by being stubborn honestly. 😊

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Um err uh, Prelude curse……

Actually the 2000/01 were pretty good. The 97 was a new style and had it's share of new style issues for 97 and 98. Honda did some fixes for 99 and by 00 had things under control but…… sales were so flat that 01 was the year the last ones were made.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my "Suzuki Samurai Lego" with AC. Had around 150k miles
Motor is a Geo Tracker
Axles are from an '84 4-runner. ARB lockers
Transfer Case was from a Toyota pickup before the Tacoma.

We had our 1st child and my wife didn't want him riding in it so we sold it. Wouldn't have sold it if it would have been during the 2nd kid b\c kids after the 1st are on their own. ha

51757390865_00991c1d74.jpg

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Memories, kernldrop... 😊 I owned two hardtop 1986's when I lived in Washington State in the early 90's. 4 wheeled the crap out of them all over the western half of the state. Nothing built like yours, shackle lift and some 30x9.50/15 mud tires. Great little trucks. 👍

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had a neighbor once who lego'd the suspension of a Samurai onto a golf cart.
He also built a bar stool that could go 35mph.

My (now retired) mechanic exclusively drove Geo Trackers with Samurai parts and pieces. He had a few behind his shop for parts. Last time I saw him he drove a red one with a yellow one under construction.

Mike S.

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't able to recover my CPF old account, so I had to create a new one.

It's nice to see you guys maintaining these older cars.

Here's my 1997 Acura 2.2CL that I purchased in 2004 with roughly 120k miles on it. In 2009 I pulled the perfectly good single cam engine and replaced it with an H23 VTEC. I daily drove it another 3 years and then parked it. The car sat under an oak tree for almost 8 years until I finally decided to restore it.

I've done a lot of maintenance on it these past couple of years. Today it drives better than ever with over 320k miles on the clock.

devilsWhip_v3.jpg

cl_odometer.jpg

In addition to the CL, I also have a 2008 Acura RL. I purchased it in 2012 with 83k miles on it. It's been my daily driver since then and now it's showing closer to 260k miles on the odometer. The only major problem that I've had with the RL was when both cooling fans failed at around 200k miles.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Here's a pic of my 2003 Corvette. When I traded it for a 2013 Corvette, it had 158,000 miles on it and ran great. I just wanted a newer model with a 6 speed manual tranny.
P8050010.JPG

Poppy

Flashaholic
View attachment 39666

View attachment 39667

All 3 of mine.

1991 F-150, 5.0 V-8.... 170,000 miles.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.7L HEMI.... 17,000 miles.

2018 Toyota Camry, 2.5L 4-Cylinder.... 13,500 miles.
Talk about low mileage vehicles.
6,000 miles a year for the F150, and only 2,000 miles a year for each of the other two.

That's a beautiful garage that you keep them in. :)

billt460

Newly Enlightened
Talk about low mileage vehicles.
6,000 miles a year for the F150, and only 2,000 miles a year for each of the other two.

That's a beautiful garage that you keep them in. :)
Yeah, I'm retired and it's just me and the wife. Most everything we need and enjoy is right here in town. It's about 15 miles round trip to Walmart and back. And about the same to the gun club, so we just don't rack up many miles.

To be honest we need 3 cars like we need Covid. But I bought the truck new 32 years ago, (1991). And I wouldn't get much of anything if I sold it. Plus, it comes in handy for picking up big, cumbersome stuff. So it's still worth a lot more to me than the few bucks I would get by selling it.

The worst think about it is the fuel mileage. It get about 10 in town. And in the Summer I have to run premium, or else it knocks like crazy. But because it gets driven so little, it's not too much of an issue.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
2016 Mazda CX-5 with 110K+ miles.

It's still a young pup. Still in fantastic condition, mechanically. Looks like a 20Kmi vehicle. Power windows are a tad slow in the extreme cold, so it's time to re-do the window rails ... and looking for issues while I'm in there. A few paint chips and nicks, here and there, requiring rust-proofing and refinishing those spots. But aside from minor stuff like that, it's running strong.

Preventive measures are what I've always tried to do: stay ahead of the maintenance curve. While I don't believe the maintenance schedule is an absolute, it's a fair guide. That plus usage and a small dose of luck ends up driving what maintenance I tackle. Had the chassis underside and wheel wells coated against rust and corrosion. Have kept up with the fluids, brakes, filters, belts. And I always seem to be doing one thing or another with it.

It's time for the fuel filter. It'll soon be time to replace the suspension shocks, at which time I'll also do the ball joints and tie rod ends. At that point, I'll do the accessory belt again. I keep up with the fluids, brakes, filters, belts. I've swapped the "lifetime" oil in the transmission, diff, transfer case. It's time to clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. Once a few warmer days come along, I'll clay bar, polish and seal the paint. After which, I'll fully clean and detail the interior. And before all that's done I'm sure it'll be time for something else. Everything's a maintenance item at some point, of course.