Prime / Prime Pro. Every Day Carry Lights.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
We are not authorized to provide this information.

I lolled. They make your optics, but you dont want to give them business? Or is it that the optics are so inexpensive, you are worried it might undercut your warranty? OR, is it that you want to protect i.p., and dont want someone to release your exact formula? Any ways, i wonder if we could get the general idea off the patents...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I lolled. They make your optics, but you dont want to give them business? Or is it that the optics are so inexpensive, you are worried it might undercut your warranty? OR, is it that you want to protect i.p., and dont want someone to release your exact formula? Any ways, i wonder if we could get the general idea off the patents...

Given they didn't answer the first question which to me seems justified and within their rights why would they answer yours. I guess there are just things about the internet I will never understand. Not really a criticism of you just can't see the logic in any expectation of a response.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which company makes the optics for Armytek?

Wild guess: Russian "Monocrystal" produces sapphire glass for Apple and shares some 30% of sapphire glass production in the world :) Why may that kind of information be hidden? -- What if they have some agreement not to invade Canadian market with some other "player", but bypass it? ;)

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given they didn't answer the first question which to me seems justified and within their rights why would they answer yours. I guess there are just things about the internet I will never understand. Not really a criticism of you just can't see the logic in any expectation of a response.

The issue is not necessarily with the refusal to answer, but rather that they offer the suggestion of compatibility without offering compatibible solutions.

"Originally Posted by ArmyTek View Post
You can choose and change the optics by yourself, but the company is not responsible for flashlight work with other optics."

To which the folling question was justifiably posed ; where does Armytek's optics come from

And the final response: we are not authorized, etcetc. They could have offered him a lens for purchase, or even the service of a swap that waives warranty, etc.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps, it would be much wiser to read and then write: https://www.armytek.com/contact/about-armytek.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Careful, Armytek admitted they lie on their website

This has been mentioned time and time again but it never changes. How about getting rid of that "Canadian Manufacturer" business. It's all over your website. Your lights are made in China. I don't mind Chinese made lights. Especially since yours are supposedly very well made. But it's very dishonest. You even say you have a 7 floor factory in Canada
It is written that Armytek is a Canadian manufacturer with own 6-floor factory. It is not mentioned that the factory is situated in Canada. https://www.armytek.com/

Woods Walker

The issue is not necessarily with the refusal to answer, but rather that they offer the suggestion of compatibility without offering compatibible solutions.

"Originally Posted by ArmyTek View Post
You can choose and change the optics by yourself, but the company is not responsible for flashlight work with other optics."

To which the folling question was justifiably posed ; where does Armytek's optics come from

And the final response: we are not authorized, etcetc. They could have offered him a lens for purchase, or even the service of a swap that waives warranty, etc.

i would have said what you said right now rather than ask questions which most likely
wouldn't be answered but that's just me. Thanks for the explanation.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does that have to do with Canadian market. These lights don't have anything to do with Canada
Armytek is a Canadian owned and operated company with their manufacturing plant in China. They now have a Canadian warehouse and handle sales, warranty, and returns for the USA and Canada through that location. This is pretty much the same business structure as Zebralight except they only handle the US from their Texas location.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know. It's the Canadian Manufacturer thing. They don't come out and say made in Canada but it's implied. I shouldn't have clogged this thread with this though. Sorry. I recently found out about this company as I'm mostly an Incan guy and I was a bit ticked off. They still haven't commented about my post above post #218

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know. It's the Canadian Manufacturer thing. They don't come out and say made in Canada but it's implied. I shouldn't have clogged this thread with this though. Sorry. I recently found out about this company as I'm mostly an Incan guy and I was a bit ticked off. They still haven't commented about my post above post #218

I agree, it could be worded better. They probably should just say Canadian owned and operated like ZL does(but US owned and operated). But, they do say they own the factory in China and for all we know it could be ran by Canadians so it's not completely inaccurate. Either way, I have enjoyed their lights and service so far. I rate them above most other China made lights in quality and fit and finish. You should give one a try and see what you think before passing final judgement.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. Unfortunately the only one I'm really interested in is the AA prime. And I put my thought on that one above. Being that I can't trust specs I'm not sure I'd trust getting the light

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what its worth, I had huge reservations about taking the plunge with the wizard pro v3 xhp warm....it is now one of my favorite lights. It feels like a very dry powder coat, but much more durable. The magnet is sufficient for thinly finished ferrous metals, but not so good on stuff like the fridge. On max turbo, the light hits 160F degrees.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would have said what you said right now rather than ask questions which most likely
wouldn't be answered but that's just me. Thanks for the explanation.

The questions are posed sarcastically and cynically on purpose, as I am sure you read into, lol. It is my opinion that the consumer should not have to come up with customer service resolutions.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I asked this in another thread and it wasn't answered so I'll try here since it pertains to this line of lights. Particularly the v3
The a1 prime lists turbo as 500 lumen for 50 min. I'm sorry that's not possible. The led will need about 1.2A for that output. Triple that for an eneloop due to boosting voltage 3 times that 3.6A. That's a lot of boost so there's going to be inefficiencies. Maybe 4A draw. For a 2ah battery that's 30 minutes or less. And since the light shares the same head and driver as the c1 does that mean the output goes up with a 14500 to the c1 output level? And in that case how can there be low voltage protection on a 14500 when the light must presume there's a cr123 cell in there. The manual doesn't show how to change battery type so I presume that can't be changed in the non pro model. But the specifications also state there's low voltage protection for non protected lithium ion batteries. So specs seem quite off
Second problem I see is turbo is 500 lumens. But the highest main is 90 lumens. That's a huge jump. Why isn't there a ~200 lumen high mode. Especially since an eneloop isn't going to support turbo for very long once the cell can't support turbo anymore it would be nice to have a mode higher than 90 lumen as a normal high mode. Same as the partner. From looking at the site the tiara mode spacing is perfect. Or the v2 prime. I think the v3 prime is poorly executed
Сould you please clarify the questions? Make the list of concrete questions please, in order our engineers could give you qualified and accurate response.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.
1. How does the non pro model know whether it's using an eneloop, 14505, or 14500 for its low voltage protection since it can't be set
2. Why is there no mode between 88 lumen and 500 lumen. Where did the ~200 lumen mode go from the v2 or tiara models?
Making an eneloop produce 500 lumens is around a 4A draw at the battery which means it will never last 50 min. Is this light really 500 lumen on an eneloop or around 350 and you only get 500 lumen with a 14500?
4. If the a1,a2, and c1 models all use the same head with different body tubes then with a 14500 you're getting 650+ lumens as it's the same as a 16340 voltage wise

So to round up why a 5x jump between high and turbo? A ~250 lumen mode is necessary.
How does low voltage protection work across battery types when no way to select in programming?
Why claim overinflated specs?
And do these lights really have flat regulation from full to dead cell? An eneloop a voltage will not change really from full to just before dead so there should be no step down till 10% or so life left in the cell.
Thank you

Woods Walker

The questions are posed sarcastically and cynically on purpose, as I am sure you read into, lol. It is my opinion that the consumer should not have to come up with customer service resolutions.

I am cured with directness. LOL! Sometimes it gets me in trouble. :laughing: It's all good brother.

Agreed. Unfortunately the only one I'm really interested in is the AA prime. And I put my thought on that one above. Being that I can't trust specs I'm not sure I'd trust getting the light

I have an AA Prime and think it's a good light even all questions of specs aside. To be honest I prefer the standard versions of AT lights and have the AA Prime in that. In fact my next AT light is going to be not a pro.