• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Professional Cerakote, "2nd BATCH" group project.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paaaiiinnnfully slow internet connection in Montreal Airport, but....

3D%20Mag-L.jpg

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Professional Cerakote, "2nd BATCH" group project.

I've been away from this thread for a couple weeks. Amazing photos. Great work Howard. Thank Goodness for you!

Jmayot's War torn ZGreen came out looking spectacular.

Excited to see Kid's HDS parts.

Keep up the good work H.

DragonHead

Enlightened
Thanks nfetterly! looks great!

I've been away from this thread for a couple weeks. Amazing photos. Great work Howard. Thank Goodness for you!
Jmayot's War torn ZGreen came out looking spectacular.

Keep up the good work H.

Thank you! Hows the MAC look to you? I thought it was a real Gem after I built it back up. But I forgot to take a picture. maybe you can post
Excited to see Kid's HDS parts.

+1 on seeing how the HDS turns out.

Over 100* in the shop the last two days, very little work got done.. Cant run the ovens with those temps.
Will be back in the heat today

Nicrod

Flashaholic
The Mac looks wonderful to me Howard.
I don't think, you could have done a better job than this:

011a6adedd95c0580c7d78191a75df5c.jpg

0291246ec8dfa920e6b092e9aaf0f1a6.jpg

59bef38ee37d1616aa3fe89dfc7ec1bf.jpg

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Positive, positive, positive..., I got my lights from the first batch back just before I went on vacation, right after I got back I headed back out of the country & just got home last night. I put my lights back together this afternoon. Impressions / observations;

1. I had a HAIII camo mag modded by Dark Zero with a SST-50, the fit & finish on my 2D (JayRob's) mag is every bit as nice. Absolutely stunning.
  2. Battle bronze on my Solarforce - okay I'm a bit of a light snob, I have a "solarforce only" drop in from a perfectionist in Germany, kind of a unique drop-in as it has a lens on it that results in even flood, no hot spot whatsoever, great for video / photos in dark industrial places... The battle bronze finish is excellent for taking into industrial sites, also - this looks like a HA finish, not cerakote.
  3. While putting an Elzetta tail cap back together (guts don't thread in as easily as a mcclicky) the (zombie green) tailcap slipped out of my hands and dropped on the floor. No damage, no chips, good as new
  4. I had some issues getting the mag switches out - I know how you are supposed to be able to do it, but this was also just before I went on vacation. Howard took them out & put them back in.
  5. Finally to me - the small touches. Howard cerakoted my Mag-Rings, which must have been a PITA. Also, on the Elzettas & solarforce it was obvious that he had taken the time and care to put something similar to nyogel lube on the threads.

Real interested in getting back my Benchmade, I can sharpen the straight edge, but not the serrations, he's doing that as well.

My only complaint (not with Howard or his work) is that he's now done the bulk of the lights I wanted to get done. I've got another JayRob Mag (XML), if Howard does a run with pink maybe I'll get that one done for my wife...

Neale

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Nice neale! Thanks for your thoughts. He does top knotch work for sure.

Im happy to hear, no damage resulted from dropping the tail. I've been so careful with my light,
for fear of doing something stupid!

DragonHead

Enlightened
Thanks nfetterly, will post a pic of your edge today.
Also back into the shop on Sunday. Got to catch up!

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDL, my parts just came in today; they look really, really nice. I'd post a photo but 1. you already did in #170 :) and 2. Russian post is taking forever to get my "D26 killer neck" to me. Once it gets here, I will take some photos of the completed light.

I'm quite happy, thank you!
~Daniel

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Russian Post package came in, and couldn't help but assemble and take a quickie photo with my cell. I'll assemble the XML-2 with whitebird 3A this weekend and take some proper photos.

20150904_072249.jpg

I can make it a 3P, a 6P or a 9P!

DragonHead

Enlightened
sharpened.jpg
nfetterly,
Forgot to post the Benchmade blade after sharpening and refining. came out so nice. this is before I took the Chosera stones and strop to it.
Be careful! H.
All boxes will go out Tues. Thanks everyone.
Howard

AndyF lets see a pic of that Blue MD2 after you got her built up...

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I was worried that you wouldn't be able to get the tailcaps taken apart.
I'll post lots of pics when it arrives. Thanks again!