Project-M by Milkyspit: Long-Running High Output LED: Availability, Info, Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Milky,

I've just had a stroke of genius and now I don't need a new M3 head. I've stripped and polished my M3 bezel ring and now the scratches are gone. Looks pretty cool too. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

m3polish1ib6.jpg

It turned out a lot better than I expected. The fact that the head is now opened is an added bonus.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Milky,

I've just had a stroke of genius and now I don't need a new M3 head. I've stripped and polished my M3 bezel ring and now the scratches are gone. Looks pretty cool too. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

m3polish1ib6.jpg

It turned out a lot better than I expected. The fact that the head is now opened is an added bonus.

Say, that's pretty darned cool! :bow:

Please let me build in it, pretty please! :naughty:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys :)

I'm almost glad I put those sctraches in the bezel ring now. Of course, I'll let you build in this milky :grin2: just let me know when you're ready.

I just hope I don't screw up anything else in the meantime.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys :)

I'm almost glad I put those sctraches in the bezel ring now. Of course, I'll let you build in this milky :grin2: just let me know when you're ready.

I just hope I don't screw up anything else in the meantime.

I don't have any Q5 emitters at present but am otherwise ready to go, monkeyboy, and I've got your PM to reply to with my shipping address. Get 'er ready for a trip across the pond, it'll be soon. ;)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Scott,

I just started a thread on the M615 better known as the Pink Panther...

Perhaps you could stop by and fill in any details that happen to come up. I must admit that I am more interested in using it than what you did to get it to work. I tend to use a light for awhile, then dive into the details.

At any rate, I stole your picture and posted it. I hope that is OK with you. I will try to get some other pictures, but my schedule is a bit cramped right now.

So far, three out of three people have preferred the color rendition of the Pink Panther over my regulated TigerLight.

While it is too early to know for sure, I am well on the way to being very impressed with the Pink Panther.

Thanks.

Tom

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, many thanks for your post on the Pink Panther! Sounds like you're having lots of fun with it so far... oops, I mean, getting lots of value out of your serious, precision work instrument. ;)

[size=+1]Project-M BuildAssist Checklist, Version 1![/size]

While answering a fellow CPFer via PM, it occurred to me that some sort of checklist might help folks get their hands around specifically what sort of build they might want... hopefully it will help both customer and me to be on the same page as far as where to expend the most energy in designing their light. I'm honestly not sure if I've got it right yet, but here's a start... :thinking:

1. What size does this light need to be? Is that a firm requirement, or your ideal scenario? How much of an issue would it be to build something of a slightly different size than the ideal?

2. Which head needs to be used? Either a specific head, or an example of how big. Is this a specific requirement or the ideal... if the latter, how much of an issue would it be to build something using a little smaller or larger head?

3. What sort of output are you looking for in terms of minimum and/or maximum?

4. What battery configuration would be most important?

5. What other battery configurations would you need to support, in order of importance? Are these must-have configurations or ones you'd like to have, but maybe don't absolutely need?

6. What are your budget constraints?

7. Please rank these from most important to least important: multi-brightness capability; ability to run with the widest-possible variety of battery configurations; maximal operating efficiency.

8. Are you willing to limit the potential brightness of your light to make it more stable (able to run continuously from start to finish with no heat issues, ability to operate on badly depleted cells, etc.)... or would you prefer to go for the brightest thing possible at the cost of it possibly only being able to run for 15-20 minutes or so at a time?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delghi, got your PM, will be in touch shortly.

[size=+1]Continuation...[/size]

This thread is continued over here.

Moderators, please close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.