Prometheus Lights Alpha Series XM18-B Review (XM-L T5 4C | 1x18650)

Ore

Newly Enlightened
Great Review for a great light.

I got mine two weeks ago (feels like a lot longer) and I love it.

I noticed the tarnish too, good to hear that this is normal and removable if you want a shiny light.
It seems only to tarnish where I touched it with my fingers. The parts that are covered by the head or the clip aren't tarnished or at least not not that much.

Pics of tarnished/'clean' parts. Blasted/Polished version of the Alpha.
alpha1en.jpg

alpha2x.jpg

alpha3v.jpg

Zandar

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the world of internet forums and found the CPF forum by accident. Literally everything I've learned about led flashlights has come from reading CPF and corresponding with Mr. Archer. I can't thank him enough for giving me a crash course in led technology in general and custom flashlights in particular. Now after exchanging literally 50 emails, I am the proud owner of Alpha light #114. This is an exceptional light, and one worthy of consideration by anyone looking for an extremely high quality light at a good price. My thanks also to Turbobb for an excellent review.

S1LVA

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the world of internet forums and found the CPF forum by accident. Literally everything I've learned about led flashlights has come from reading CPF and corresponding with Mr. Archer. I can't thank him enough for giving me a crash course in led technology in general and custom flashlights in particular. Now after exchanging literally 50 emails, I am the proud owner of Alpha light #114. This is an exceptional light, and one worthy of consideration by anyone looking for an extremely high quality light at a good price. My thanks also to Turbobb for an excellent review.

Welcome to the forum! You'll find that this is a very friendly community.

And congrats on the new light! My Alpha is my favorite light by far. I've had it for over 6 months and I use it 9 out of 10 times that I need light. And Jason is the man!

S1LVA

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx guys!

@Ore/Raze - I've not see my sample oxidize yet but will definitely keep an eye out for it and post back if/when it does.

@Zandar - Thx! and :welcome:

archer6817j

Enlightened
@ Ore : Thanks for posting the nice pics. Can I use them on my site to illustrate the patina? However, I'm really posting to say that o-ring looks a little dry. Don't forget the nano oil! Fluorosilicone don't like friction ;) Okay, zipping my lip back up!

Ore

Newly Enlightened
Sure, use the pics on your site and if you need the higher resolution originals, just ask.

Thanks for the advice with the oil. Just lubricated them with the oil.

Raze

Enlightened
A couple of pics of the nice tarnishings. The shiny Shorty body for comparison:

d2bbd3cd-4930-0867.jpg

d2bbd3cd-4942-5cce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
All, long distance beach/campsite beamshots added along with a mini video review I took while camping (search 6/1).

@Raze, thx for sharing the pics, the tarnishing definitely adds character. However, I've still yet to witness it firsthand. Will post back when I do.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited: