Proper usage of Mag623/633...

Swagg

Enlightened
So I have my Mag633 which I've just completed. I've been using quite abit on the low setting of my AW 3 stage switch. On one of my outings I remembered everyone talking about only using this light in short bursts, I've just assumed that was only for the high setting. So is it fine on the batteries to run it long on low or should that be only short bursts too?

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I would guess runtime warnings are to do with the heat.

I have the same set up as you, now ( only recently installed an AW D driver.)

One thing I noticed was that the low output setting for the light was roughly the same colour temp as what my old setup (simple on/of full power & resistance modded switch ) makes when running out of juice, ie when the pack is almost fully depleted, and its time to recharge.

So If you ran it to the end you may overdiscahrge your pack quite a way before realising.

Not to sure how low you can take these cells, but Lets just say you are running on high, and you notice the output drop of, you know its time to recharge..without that obvious big drop you may miss it.

I assume you are using the 13cell pack?

The cells will be fine running at a lower current drain...just a little risky that you may over discharge.

If it wont power up to the high mode anymore, you know you have drained the pack

Last edited: