• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run *close*

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prepared to be blown away. :D

I would advise in order to see the dropin achieve its highest performance, you'll need either unprotected 3400mAh Panasonic NCR18650B (green battery) or AW 2000mAh IMR's (red type).

The protected version of the Panasonic sags in voltage right out the gate vs the unprotected and the IMR's.

nosffb.jpg

x5z0vp.jpg

Thanks to HKJ for his battery comparator!

Also make sure the dropin is tightly wrapped with tinfoil around its silver midsection and seated snug (tight) in the host. Can also use soda can strips. It needs all the heat sinking it can get - excessive heat will constrain the LED's output.

See my post here about the quad XP-G2 [R5-3C] to get an idea of how much heat and runtime you can expect.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...amshots-soon&p=4229295&viewfull=1#post4229295

:thumbsup:

slkmeister

Newly Enlightened
Thanks ledmitter. I have been using the protected version of the 18650. I will pick up one of the others for this light. I have a copper head (FiveMega) for heat dissipation. Do you think the foil is still necessary? The head has an ultra clear glass lens. Will the drop-in with its Carclo optics fit into the head as is, or will I need to remove the glass? I read your post prior to purchasing this engine and found it quite informative. The beam shots were excellent. Thanks for all your help. I found an old SF E1e. Any suggestions on an upgrade for that cute little light?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a Five Mega head, but as a rule, the dropin should not be seated via contact along the top edge (via head screwing down) and bottom edge (against the body) only.

The actual mid section of the dropin needs to dissipate heat around the rest of the head as well. So if it's all air, there's no pathway.

To clarify, this is what I do:

First I take the dropin and put a small drop of Deoxit around the area where the retainer spring attaches. The brass tends to oxidize so I like to add a chemical conductive cleaner around these parts before permanently installing the dropin.

ra8ev6.jpg

With the spring attached I measure a little over two feet of aluminum foil. In this image I cut a 15mm strip which was actually too wide not allowing the dropin to screw down fully into my SureFire C2 due to compressing into the spring. 12mm worked better just covering the midsection of the dropin only.

1551o48.jpg

I apply a small drop of Deoxit to the midsection if anything to give it some wet grip and 'patiently' start wrapping the foil around the dropin as tight and uniform as I can. Note this pic shows the aluminum strip that was too wide. It shouldn't touch the spring because I found that trying to bang the dropin in, if it wasn't moving, I noticed the spring was cutting into the foil from all the stress.

332483l.jpg

Once wrapped I place the dropin into the host and start testing to see if it's too tight or not. It should be tight enough that you have to moderately tap the dropin in by placing it on a hard flat surface face down. I like to align all 4 emitters so they are congruent with the square shape of the host body. Unscrew the tailcap, tap the end of the host downward with a mallet of some sort. Be forwarned if it seems you'll have to hammer it in a bit harder then proceeding to do so might make it nearly impossible to remove the dropin without large pliers. Either there's too much foil, or you really want it in this tight. Your choice.

21484kl.jpg

Once installed I clean up any foil that may splay outwards by cutting along the edge with a razor, then place an o-ring around the gap just to keep it neat.

4tabrm.jpg

121y8lx.jpg

Screw the head on and you're done.

icqo07.jpg

I actually go the extra step to ensure the head is touching the top edge of the dropin requiring me to actually "screw down" the dropin another few millimeters to completion. This ensures a little more metal on metal contact. This is all a lot of trial-and-error to say the least. :D

BTW: The glass lens stays on the host. dropins are designed to stop right before the lens.

Last edited:

repsol1000rr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run

:welcome:I sell this!

A new product!

5.6A 3-mode 3.7V Li-Io battery!
This module is most suitable for a large-capacity battery!

:caution:A small battery of the capacity.
When it is the low battery of the electric discharge rate, the module cannot output it.

The 6th run will be limited to 4.2mA 3-mode 5.6A 3-mode Direct Drive XP-G R4NW & R5CW & 90CRI

Black or polishing finish is available.

The sale number is 10 in all.

I begin to sell it for $190(4.2A 3-mode) 200(5.6A 3-mode) including the EMS postage!

The GITD(Ultra green/Ultra blue/Pure blue)processing is plus $10.

This becomes very hot.
The use battery is with 3.7V Li-Io battery protection circuit.
If a light becomes hot, please cut the light which is in a dangerous state.
Please be careful to the handling.
After understanding, please refer as things mentioned above.

This light creates excessive heat :caution:
The consecutive lighting is dangerous. :caution:
If a light is overheated, please turn off the light.:caution:
This light may cause eye damage :caution:
This light will burn the skin at close range. :caution:
This light may cause combustibles to ignite :caution:

:thumbsup:
I sell this custom Quad XP-G P60 module.

I begin to sell it for $190(4.2A 3-mode) $200(5.6A 3-mode)including the EMS postage!

This light creates excessive heat.
Please use 26650 or 26500 or 18650 or 17670 expensive battery of the electric discharge performance.

The payment is PeyPal.
Post your order here and I will PM you the total along with my PayPal address.

Cutter-XPG25RDR5-CW (remodeling board)
p10102820.jpg

Original board
sany3989.jpg

Carclo 24mm Quad Optics
sany4135.jpg

Quad XP-G Module 5600mA 3-mode
*3 modes: Low-Med-High
* Voltage input: 3V - 5.5V
* The memory feature will memorize the last mode
sany4132.jpg
sany5207.jpg

Quad XP-G Module 4200mA 3-mode
*3 modes: Low-Med-High
* Voltage input: 3V - 5.5V
* The memory feature will memorize the last mode
sany4133.jpg
sany2.jpg

sany3879.jpg
sany3992.jpg
sany4325.jpg
sany3966.jpg

sany4011.jpg
sany4007.jpg

surefire 6P C2 normal body FIVEMEGA 26500 & Cryos Cooling Bezel
sany3809.jpg
sany3960.jpg

sany3805.jpg
sany3995.jpg
img626764198511521.jpg
sany3960.jpg

sany3815.jpg
sany3810.jpg

repsol1000rr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run

HELLO, KERBEROS
can I order R5 3-mode 5.6A Black Pure blue GITD or any quad xp-g R5

I wish you a merry Christmas and all the best for 2014!

Alje

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 7th Run *open*

Deleted

Last edited: