Quad XR-E Elephant

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice photos, and those new FM heads are stunning.

Why use a fat body when running on R123/CR123 batteries? You could have used a tri-bored normal Mag body for that. I would have expected that it used 18650 cells since it had a fat body.

Sigbjoern

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lurveleven said:
Very nice photos, and those new FM heads are stunning.

Why use a fat body when running on R123/CR123 batteries? You could have used a tri-bored normal Mag body for that. I would have expected that it used 18650 cells since it had a fat body.

Sigbjoern

Why?

Because it was the only light that can fit 4x 27mm reflectors. Ideally I would have used 3x 18650 but thats not possible as the MaxFlex boost driver is not released, so for now I'm stuck with the BFlex buck driver.

Mac

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac is right,

But doesent the new FM heads fit D size Mag bodies?
It is possible to run the Bflex with 6xR123`s in a Serial 3x17670 FM holder in a short Mag D body.

But i think this particular light would look goofy with a stock mag body.

I find myself looking at all these beutiful creations every day,and one word can only describe what i see...SEXY...

Im sick and you know you are too
!! :nana:

Benny

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
MorpheusT1 said:
Mac is right,

But doesent the new FM heads fit D size Mag bodies?
It is possible to run the Bflex with 6xR123`s in a Serial 3x17670 FM holder in a short Mag D body.

But i think this particular light would look goofy with a stock mag body.

I find myself looking at all these beutiful creations every day,and one word can only describe what i see...SEXY...

Im sick and you know you are too
!! :nana:

Benny

Yes the 3" heads Fit "D" body's but then what do I do with the Fat body and NO HEAD :)

Mac

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I thought, if you have an extender you can run it on 6 x 18650 and probably get 4 times longer runtime. What is the runtime with R123 @ 1000ma ? I'm guessing 55 minutes.

Morph, I don't think the FM big heads look goofy on stock mag bodies.

Sigbjoern

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lurveleven said:
That's what I thought, if you have an extender you can run it on 6 x 18650 and probably get 4 times longer runtime. What is the runtime with R123 @ 1000ma ? I'm guessing 55 minutes.

Morph, I don't think the FM big heads look goofy on stock mag bodies.

Sigbjoern

There where no extenders made in Gun Metal Grey or that definetly would be an option. I can only build lights with whats available :)

Runtime on high should be about an hour. The light is so bright I doubt you would ever need to use it on high constantly :)

Mac

Sable

Enlightened
So it's not so much a heavily-modified Mag as a new light that happens to use a Mag switch.

You're ticklin' my hot rod genes, Mac...:)

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with 3xAW 18650, the output is more than adequate but only with 3 brightness levels. Then with 6XCR123, I get full 8 levels and compared the beamshot with the Barbolite U-09 below.

Quad left, Barbolite right: (now that's what I call sexy and bright :grin2: )

PICT5156Large.jpg