Quark Led preference?

redline8k

Newly Enlightened
Im new to the board here but have been lurking for some time now. I have learned much from all the threads and advice from everyone.
I have found want light I want to invest in and have always liked Fourseven. I will be using this light for my EDC and like the Legoing ability.
Im looking for a quark tactical 2AA low voltage light, which will get the EDC treatment (1AA tube, turbo cap and 14500 cell maybe even a cr-123 tube as well just for flexability) but really dont know which Led to go with. From what I understand the XML is the brightest and more floody that the XPG's but now the XPG s2 is out and Im totally confused. Ive looked at all the beam shot threads and cant decide what I like best. I guess my question would be is what do you have/ prefer in this setup and why. Also who gives us a discount code to purchase the light and the accessories. I cant seem to find them in stock anywhere.

thanks in advace for the help
-nick

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The XP-G2 is the update of the XP-G. Should give similar beampattern with slightly better output. As for coupon codes, check the CPF marketplace.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would choose between the XML and XP-G2 based upon the amount of flood vs throw you want... 4/7s seems to be getting out of the tint business. I personally like the floodier beam of XML.

The stated specs of the XP-G2 seem to have longer runtimes in the low modes, but one guy in the 4/7s runtime testimonial thread ran the XML on low just as long as the XPGs. Also, I heard that pre-flash and long reset times with a Li-ion still exists on the XPG models while both or more or less corrected on the XMLs.

redline8k

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys... Now I just need to find one in stock at a good price. Also still no luck with discount codes even in the marketplace. Any pointers?