Question On Posting For Sale

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all...it's been a while. I had a few questions about selling.

1. How well do flashlights sell on here, considering them having no scratches and work properly?
2. If I have several, is it best to make a separate post for each, or all into one long post?
3. Is there anything relatively new I should know before creating a post? Any advice would be appreciated.
4. Does it help a sale if the original packaging is included?
5. Do flashlights that have been discontinued bring any more value, due to them no longer being found anywhere?

1. How well do flashlights sell on here, considering them having no scratches and work properly?
It depends on the brand. Malkoffs, HDS, and Surefires seem to sell pretty well. Anduril lights, maybe not so much.
2. If I have several, is it best to make a separate post for each, or all into one long post?
One post with many lights will likely be more effective and easier to manage. However, one might separate into groups based on type, cost, etc.
3. Is there anything relatively new I should know before creating a post? Any advice would be appreciated.
To post in the WTS section, you'll need to have a paid membership: CPF Supporter status.
4. Does it help a sale if the original packaging is included?
Yes.
5. Do flashlights that have been discontinued bring any more value, due to them no longer being found anywhere?
Possibly, again depending on the model and popularity, or current following.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more question. Is it permitted to ask what the fair value of something is before posting them for sale?

What I have are several Nightcore, a Jetbeam, an Olight, and Limentop FW3A. All of them have original packaging.

One more question. Is it permitted to ask what the fair value of something is before posting them for sale?

What I have are several Nightcore, a Jetbeam, an Olight, and Limentop FW3A. All of them have original packaging.
Not sure about asking here. I usually do a search on Reddit r/flashlight, BLF, and here for recent sale prices. Also, I might base it off of MSRP but subtract an amount depending on condition.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of them are without blemish. I rarely used any of them. Just don't need so many flashlights.

There is one that has blemish [the Lumintop], but it isn't that minor. And for someone who will EDC it, they'll probably get it scratched more anyway.

Latest posts