• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Questions for Peak

Lumenz

Enlightened
I understand that the cool LED in the Eiger is now an XP-G. However, what type of LED is in the neutral version of the Eiger?

In this post, Beacon of Light states that the power levels have recently been spaced differently. What are the new level spacings in lumens or mA (no candlepower, please)?

Thank you for your attention.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to them today about neutrals. They told me they don't have any at the moment. Curt told me a while ago they just can't source neutrals. I just bought a couple XPG neutrals from somebody on the forum and drop shipped them to Peak for building a couple Eigers. More expensive this way since they don't give much of a discount for supplying your own LED - and I can't blame them due to the extra handling.

eala

Coyote302

Newly Enlightened
Lumenz,

RMSK Inc (Peak distributor) has a good pdf from Curt of Peak LED regarding the output and other characteristics of their XP-G led lights. The XPG-R5 Battery Info button on the page linked below brings up the pdf where Curt explains the power levels, battery draw, LED drive, output, etc. It includes the means to calculate the output in out-the-front (OTF) output in lumens. The pdf is dated July 2010 so it is pretty recent but it's possible they have changed the levels since then.

http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/InfoPage.html

Related to this, I've started an excel spreadsheet to both make the calculations easier and to come up with some tables and graphs of common combinations. I intend to send it to Peak for review and comment before posting here so that I do not give out false information. I hope to get that done within a week or so but no promises.

Hope this helps,
Rich

Lumenz

Enlightened
Thank you for answering one of my questions.

It looks like I will be getting a cool white Eiger if I end up getting one. The lack of communication from Peak is disconcerting. If a company does not want to sell me a light, I will not go out of my way to buy one from them.

Burgess

Flashaholic
You could always try their Website.

Perhaps they'd be more responsive there.

;)
_

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When dealing with Peak, you need some level of patience; in the end, it's well worth it.
I spoke with Robyn yesterday afternoon, and they are busier than they've ever been, along with some other major goings-on in their lives. Call them, and tell them what you're looking for. They are more than helpful.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this post, Beacon of Light states that the power levels have recently been spaced differently. What are the new level spacings in lumens or mA (no candlepower, please)?

I thought I had seen a post by Curt on this, but can't seen to find it. As I recall, the new spacings were intended in part at least to address the increased interest in the low, low levels, and (though I could be wrong) there might not have been any changes in the higher power levels.

Of course, Peak can and does build lights to whatever power level a customer desires. Because lumens are notoriously problematic (especially in smaller lights) and because mAH can be specified so accurately, you might consider just calling Curt or Mark and talking to them about the mAH or other performance specs that are of interest to you.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just call them. They are not a huge corporation and are more of a family style operation so their internet communication isn't the best. If you call you'll have an order placed and more information than you could possibly need within 10 minutes. They are the friendliest bunch I've ever dealt with over the phone and if you explain to them exactly what you want they will work to get you a light that matches your specs as close as humanly possible.

Netropy

Newly Enlightened
Have to agree with that assessment. Curt probably spent 15 minutes on the phone with me the other day pleasantly and patiently answering every of the many question that I had. Running a small business myself, I can appreciate how much time that is out of the day times N customers calling given everything else that needs to be done.

Lumenz

Enlightened
Thanks for all of your responses; your answers have been very helpful. I know I can count on CPF even if the manufacturer isn't so helpful. I never called Peak but I had sent them an email a couple weeks ago that was never answered.

Thanks again for the help. I will take a look at that PDF and figure out what to order from that.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I wonder how custom they can be...
I am a little dissapointed with my FR400 in terms of its throw and flood. The hot spot is beautiful, its smooth and wide but my friends new D-mini vx with the xp-g threw farther with a respectable hot spot and it is tiny and its flood is much better.

Im wondering if Peak can change anything like drive the LED harder. Even after longer use the light only gets a little warm.

Latest posts