• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 Pro/R50 Pro LE Discussion

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Failed Light

So what is the upshot here? Is the Pro LE quick charger at fault, or is the charger included with the Pro (non LE) also a battery killer?

Wonder

Newly Enlightened

From what I have read most chargers either trickle charge or slightly discharge once the battery is fully charged. Trickle charging will over charge the battery causing damage. A slight discharge will most likely cause the charger to pump. So charge, discharge, charge, discharge over and over again. This also causes damage. Some chargers that have a slight discharge may just keep discharging running the battery down so when you really need it it does not work. It is possible to design a charger that will not damage batteries over time but it cost way more money to do so. So they don't do it. IMO a charger that would work correctly will only pump after the voltage has dropped down to about 3.8 volts. This way it would be weeks or months in the charge discharge charge cycle. So IMO it's best not to leave lights/batteries on a charger. Another thing to think about is the safety factor. Always monitor batteries when charging. The exception being you have a light/battery etc. that was designed to be left on the charger which many companies claim you can do but few actually work correctly.

buglight

Newly Enlightened

So, has there been any info from Olight on this problem? They sent me a new battery several months ago and everything worked great until the other night when it just died. Put it in the charging dock and the green light is on but not charging. bat reads 00 so is dead dead. while in the charging station I click it on and get light so power is getting to the LED but not charging the battery. I'm guessing the charging station is the culprit.
I'll contact them in the morning and see what they say.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened

So, has there been any info from Olight on this problem? They sent me a new battery several months ago and everything worked great until the other night when it just died. Put it in the charging dock and the green light is on but not charging. bat reads 00 so is dead dead. while in the charging station I click it on and get light so power is getting to the LED but not charging the battery. I'm guessing the charging station is the culprit.

i think its the battery it usually is the problem in this light.

wally0206

Newly Enlightened

Same here, did you get any feedback from Olight?