Ra Clicky Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the only flashlight I am (currently :)) looking forward to. I have tried Fenix, Surefire, Nitecore, (Zebralight) but it's no comparision to HDS. And where else can you chat directly with the owner of the company? :)

I like the burst output idea, 10 seconds is OK for me - I use my light for short bursts (below 10 seconds) most of the time.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be very unfortunate if the clicky was stuck with a 17670 as opposed to 18650 (18670 size). I plan on buying a twisty exclusively because it offers an 18650 compatible tube; and I was looking forward to a clickie with 18650s someday in the future. Oh well, still doesn't change the fact that it looks to be an incredible light. Thanks for keeping up the communication with us HDS.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, personally I have both 18650's and 17670's, so either way sounds good to me!

Now it's just time to wait for the initial wave to be over. Then I'll figure out what to buy.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orcinus,

If you could leave one of those three at home, I bet the total size, weight and convenience of the Ra Clicky would more than make up for it. And with a bit of thought, I bet you could replace all 3 with a Ra Clicky.

LOL :D
I can distribute the three (one of them is a keychain) over multiple pockets ;)

Anyways, you don't have to convince me, i'm already on the edge about buying a Clicky. It's just that i've been overspending on flashlights these past two months, so Clicky will have to wait a month or two (depending on when it will hit the market) :(

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Anyways, you don't have to convince me, i'm already on the edge about buying a Clicky. It's just that i've been overspending on flashlights these past two months, so Clicky will have to wait a month or two (depending on when it will hit the market) :(
You may be overspending, but you've also been getting overcustomsed, overFedExed, and generally overmisfortuned. :shakehead You're my official flashaholic sob story of the month, mate. But welcome to Club Clicky, I hope it'll help you put your bad light luck behind you.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL :D
I can distribute the three (one of them is a keychain) over multiple pockets ;)

Clicky have to wait???????? That is proposterous!!! I think the kidney transplant takes a back seat to the clicky!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crackup:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for making me feel like a flashaholic lost cause... :laughing:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
This is beginning to take some hard-core patience. But, hey, I got in early on the Twisty and waited that out. They say waiting builds character, after all.

manoloco

Enlightened
yup, patience builds character, if you can hold your patience, if not, it can bring out the worst in you.

i can understand why everybody is so eagerly awaiting the clicky, but you should know Henry by now, the way he works, he is not going to rush anything, and theres plenty of info in the forums that we can read, and a lot more things we can do outside the forum too.

i say this because i get a little anxious when i see something i like and want to have it, but have learned to control that a little, it feels better, believe me.

also be careful with that anxiety, tends to send energy towards procrastination, even if you take 5 or 10 min.

Hell i waited 1 year to buy a SF L1, it was already available, but decided to get a Novatac first, then save (i dont make much money) and wait for a good sale on the marketplace.

i totally forgot about it at the week of deciding that, then almost a year after, i see an L1 on the marketplace at a good price, and took it :D

have patience, doesnt only build character, it has a lot of rewards in other things in life, just dont confuse patience with procrastination.

sorry for the offtopic, just thought this could be a little useful to those on the waiting line.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I see it, we have seen this before so when I saw August as the availability date I figured maybe September or October. Good things to those who wait I suppose.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC The twisty was originally supposed to come out before the kids went back to school(September). I believe a few were released at the end of December. The Ra Clickys won't be released until Henry thinks there ready.:twothumbs

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I'm not really complaining. My past experience tells me that I will not be disappointed with this light. That makes the wait tolerable.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC The twisty was originally supposed to come out before the kids went back to school(September). I believe a few were released at the end of December. The Ra Clickys won't be released until Henry thinks there ready.:twothumbs

The Twisty was "due" before Christmas '07 but didn't ship pre-orders until April '08. However, I agree that the Clicky will be here as soon as Henry can reasonably deliver them.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
... I had a dream last night about a Ra Clicky.. I remember looking down at the emitter, and seeing it produce light from one end of the visible spectrum to the other. It was amazing, but I couldn't figure out how to change to different output levels. Shining it around in the dream was like shining a Technicolor Rainbow on everything.

So... basically...I hope production goes as smoothly as possible, so we can get some of these lights in our hands soon. And so I can stop dreaming about it. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.