raw ti switching?

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
just found a raw ti used. the lanyard holes at the end were lathed off which is sad but I can live with. I can't find any instructions on the site for switching from high to low though, or were there older models that were only one output level, or am I just too stupid to figure out how to do it with out instructions?

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
If it is a 2 stage just twist untill it comes on for low and
and twist more untill high kicks in. Should not take alot to go from low to high. Congrats on your new light.

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
guess not, just high. oh well, still cool little light!

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
well...some times when I'm backing it off it dimms? but it's very inconsistant. :shrug:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you unscrew the head and look at it from the inside. There is a low contact post, that touches the battery tube first(low) before the tube contacts the ring(high). Try cleaning the threads. It's possible the post is worn down(bent). If this doesn't help you can E-Mail Rob and buy a new R2 light engine(very nice).

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
ah, that seems to have helped. comes on low then kicks up to high. much better thanks! still wonder how much the new R2 modules are :thinking:. probably won't upgrade though. just get a 5 trit with the lanyard holes and newer internals someday when I'm rich :twothumbs. these are sweet!

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
still doesn't always do low, guess it needs a bit more tinkering. on the right track though.:candle:

chorlton

Newly Enlightened
£13 in English money if they are available as an individual component. You have to email Rob and order them especially. Only Wee LEs and Raw PCBs can be ordered through the website.

£20 for an R2 or Q3 pill ready to drop in (free UK delivery), I just ordered one. If your Raw isn't a recent model you may have to change the reflector as well as it acts as the heat sink in the latest models, on older versions a copper heat sink was positioned between the pcb and reflector.

Email Rob, I'm sure he can advise you as to what you can do. :D

j2coe

Newly Enlightened
this one has the copper heat sink/spacer, so must be older I guess.