Rayovac mini one AAA

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
I acquired the Rayovac keychain light 1xAAA indestructible. The plastic light goes well with my phone because unlike all these aluminum key chain lights it can not scratch my phone, it is somewhat too cumbersome for the keychain though. 20 lumens of ideal flood provides a good light close up including an impressive minimal range of only 1 inch, the best minimum range of any flashlight I own. Clean white light for a 5mm LED. 20 feet range in pure darkness, it is also one of the only full featured mini lights I've ever seen, in that I mean it has a rooll stop, tail stand, lanyard, face-stand-on indication, as well as the possibility of momentary on even though it is twist-on. IPX4 rain proof, dust resistant, and also, 30 feet drop tested making it invincible. Resilient light really. 1.5 hours at 20 lumens, after that another few hours of decreasing light. Comes with the battery at $6 in stores.

ragweed

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up.! I like a twisty for dependability. Nothing much to go wrong IMO. Runtime seems OK to me as well.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did a summer stint installing 3 watt analog cell phones in car an trucks many years ago. At lunch the guys would take turns with a four pounder on Traded in Motorola brick phones where main board was out of date or beyond repair. They'd fix junk so these were goners anyways.(Government cell dealer at the time)

Most of them phones took a dozen over head swings to actually deform body. No light should be weaker then that.
I wish, but...good to know it can take a blow here an there as in your case +1
Wait a minute...I miss my phone/hammer.

RickZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey OP, are you going to torture your Rayovac AAAx1?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ED-AAA-Light-Challenge&highlight=torture+test

:) I'm putting ideas in your head. :)

Actually come to think if it nine of those lights have a roll stop, or a face stand on indication. Plus since they are metal they scratch my phone. As though that isn't enough, they seem to break without even throwing them that hard. For fun I tested my Virtually Indestructible Rayovac by throwing it as fast as I can from my balcony onto a concrete side walk, 25feet down, and as expected the light didn't even flicker. And with having owned it longer I can say it does get a great 2-5 lumen run time, it just I have AAAs coming out if my ears, so I never purposely let it drain that far down. Biggest negatives are it is rather large, and probably not totally submersible in water, since it only has one o ring and not two. The hard plastic means it also has the advantage of being insulated from electronic equipment so I can use it for inspecting exposed wires without gloves on and still touch it to the wires, additionally it can be stored next to 9 volt and 6 volt batteries without worrying about starting a fire. Of course at temperatures around 250 degrees Fahrenheit it might melt but no real heat tests have been done. It's plastic fares much better than metal flashlights in the cold as well. So for me at least it would dominate said competition.

ragweed

Enlightened
As long as any flashlight can pass a drop test from 2o feet several times, its good to go IMO. A while back I dropped a penlight about 3-4 foot & its shot.

ragweed

Enlightened
Thanks! I will check Rayovac. & Home depot. Home Depot is 60 miles round trip for me so, shipping is the only option.