RCR123 that doesn't suck?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 16340 Efest, Olight, Vapcell, and 14500 Nitecore.

There were 4 Olights IMR, 2 of them had a dead protection board, after cutting the board they continued to work well. The 2 remaining ones with the protection board work just as well. I bought them around 2017

I also bought 4 pieces of Vapsell INR. 2 pieces died after being used in SF A2 and were not taken out in time (he sucked them to death), the remaining 2 work perfectly.

I received an Efest IMR from around 2017 along with one lantern. It works great so far.

There is one piece of Nitecore 14500 IMR. I bought it for use in Zebra SC5F. It worked well for about a year, but in the last couple of weeks the flashlight drops brightness from H1 to M1 after a few minutes of operation. I haven't checked it carefully yet, but it looks like degradation has begun.

If all my batteries started dying now, I would choose the Vapcell INR without protection. Or Keeppower, since their 18650 work for me very reliably and for a long time. Or Sanyo INR which work very well few years for my friend. But this is just my experience and it may differ from other people's experiences. The best place to learn about battery tests is here

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Op, any update? I've had this happen before, and it was the protection circuit. I removed that and the cell was perfect. Sometimes the protection circuit dies. And as another poster said, if it's a critical light, use a cr123a cell. Or at least an unprotected cell. They work better anyway