Real world bench testing of CCD/CMOS cctv cameras and IR illuminators.

floordog

Newly Enlightened
I have just completed a series of REAL WORLD tests (6 months) on commercial cctv cameras, lenses, filters and IR "illuminators". I have learned a lot and may be able to add to this discussion. I restricted my survey to Silicon sensor based cctv video cameras including megapixel sensors (no consumer devices- No INGAAS) and popular commercial high power IR "illuminators". I also wrote specifications for new EIA camera solutions and have prototypes of them for my own applications. I also designed and tested alternative IR Emitters (No lasers yet) including, incandescent, Quartz-Halogen, Xenon, and various arrays of LEDS. I also tested Fresnel lenses and filters and I may have some useful information. My Emitters ranged from single LEDS at various frequencies to 600 LED Arrays and 1 watt to 135 watt Xenon devices (30 million candlepower visible). I also ran comparison tests with Night vision devices. I learned that there are no US government standards for commercial cctv/IR applications and found a lot of "truth engineering" going on in the industry. You will be surprised at the results.

I contracted with an (IR illuminator) firm to design and construct a new powerful 940nm covert IR array designed for Megapixel cameras. Does anyone have any questions?

Floordog

andy220

Newly Enlightened
Hi Floordog,
it seems your research would be very useful for me.I do not know if you are still living on CPF but hopefully yes.I can not send you PM so this post is my second one to be allowed send you PM.
If you can send me PM I would be happy man.:hitit:

I am very interesting about your findings with IR illumination and Digital Night vision stuffs.

Thanks