Reccomendation for wearable adjustable (spot-flood) Police flashlight

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I started to mention the 2 C ML50 or the upcoming 150R but figured Maglite dealers at places folks call electric fire on a stick "torches" are drying up. At least that's what I'm hearing from my friends across the big pond.

Man, an ML50 powered by Imedions.... nice.
I'll probably opt for the 3C size 150R since the 3C ML50 is about as long as a classic 2C Mag. That little extra length adds confidence to steps in unknown, possibly hostile territory.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Klarus FH10 has a nice zoom. Also switches between white, red, green with different LEDs slid into the center. They probably have the same zoom optics in a white only. 800 Lm IIRC.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started to mention the 2 C ML50 or the upcoming 150R but figured Maglite dealers at places folks call electric fire on a stick "torches" are drying up. At least that's what I'm hearing from my friends across the big pond.

Man, an ML50 powered by Imedions.... nice.
I'll probably opt for the 3C size 150R since the 3C ML50 is about as long as a classic 2C Mag. That little extra length adds confidence to steps in unknown, possibly hostile territory.

A ML50 running NiMH's should work fine although you would probably have to do most of your charging at home, unless you could find a good car charger that can charge C cells reasonably fast. For this application I would want a charger that can fully charge the cells or battery pack in no more than 3 hours. carrying some spare cells or battery stick might not be a bad idea too. If the OP has to work the first half of his shift directing traffic, working a crime scene or doing a search, you want to either change cells or replenish a good amount of your charge before your next call.

BTW Apparently Streamlight still offers their old slow 11 hr. dumb charger, though I would always go with their newer smart, fast charger. The Mag 150R also is listed as having a fast charger.

arKmm

Enlightened
Streamlight isn't available in Europe really except for a couple of dealers only selling some limited models.

To get a Stinger HL I had to purchase from the USA direct!

Id get a Surefire G2X Pro with V70 Holster for your belt.

Id then add a Maglite ML50L 3C to keep in your bag for when you need extra runtime or far seeing light.

Its hard to get one device that can do everything you need and it's always good to have two for the purposes of redundancy. You'll also find the Flashaholics on here recommend expensive and over the top stuff that's way out of budget a lot of them time, when in reality something simple and robust will do the job. Especially given the kit magpies we have in the job who'll make something shiny disappear, you don't want to spend too much!

Last edited:

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight isn't available in Europe really except for a couple of dealers only selling some limited models.

To get a Stinger HL I had to purchase from the USA direct!

Id get a Surefire G2X Pro with V70 Holster for your belt.

Id then add a Maglite ML50L 3C to keep in your bag for when you need extra runtime or far seeing light.

Its hard to get one device that can do everything you need and it's always good to have two for the purposes of redundancy. You'll also find the Flashaholics on here recommend expensive and over the top stuff that's way out of budget a lot of them time, when in reality something simple and robust will do the job. Especially given the kit magpies we have in the job who'll make something shiny disappear, you don't want to spend too much!

I was lucky enough to find an Australian retailer without a 200% markup with the latest Stinger HL available. SureFires are still really hard to find though. The plain look means the kit borrowers are less likely to pinch it but I still take it home to charge regardless.

Latest posts