Rechargable 123's

TheVat26

Enlightened
My normal EDC light is a Bayco Tac 200 light that runs on 123 batteries. I really like the output on this light but I find myself using my light sparingly because I don't want to burn through the 123's so quick. So the rechargable 123's like the surefire one start off higher than 3volts at full charge, then slowly hang around 3v correct? I've tried contacing Bayco through email several times asking if the Tac 200 will be safe using them but they haven't got back to me.

Surefire advises that LED's can take more voltage but their incandesants (like my 6p original) can't take the extra volts. The led in my tac 200 is a Cree XPE but nowhere on the box or website says a safe operating range. The Tac 200 is not overly popular but has anyone tried the rechargable 123's on this light?

I know the runtimes are less on these rechargables but I'll recharge often so that's no a large concern for me. Thanks for the advice.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you'll have any problems using LiFePO4 RCR123A cells instead of Lithium CR123A cells. I use them in my Fenix PD30 and several SureFire LED flashlights without any issues.