Recomend a small assisted open knife.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like quite a few others who've posted here, I've been carrying a Kershaw Leek for quite a while.

I went to a local gun show yesterday, however, and picked up a MicroTech Mini UMS. Needless to say, my EDC knife has been changed! I DO still like my Kershaw Leek, but the MicroTech is SWEEEEEET! I don't own a digicam, but I'll try to find a link to post...

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech-Black-Mini-UMS--1134

Mine is like the one in the link, except it has the partially serrated blade (...and I paid considerably less for mine!).

PJD

Last edited:

bfly

Newly Enlightened
I went to a local gun show yesterday, however, and picked up a MicroTech Mini UMS. Needless to say, my EDC knife has been changed! I DO still like my Kershaw Leek, but the MicroTech is SWEEEEEET! I don't own a digicam, but I'll try to find a link to post...
PJD

I had no idea Microtech made such a small auto. I have been carrying a Benchmade Autobenchmite for a while now and love it. I had a custom knife maker add a clip for me so I can use it as a money clip knife.

...but a Microtech Mini UMS looks like a real nice alternative. You just cannot beat a Microtech for quality in a production knife.

txgp17

Enlightened
Try a Benchmade 906D2. I have it's big brother, the 912D2, and I love it!
The D2 tool steel blade is the toughest I've encountered. Way better than any Buck, Gerber, Cold Steel, or Spyderco I've encountered.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all of the suggestions!! I was able to get my hands on a SOG Flash I and was really impressed with the knife. It is probably what most people would call small, but with it's 2.5 inch blade it is the right size for my small hands. I like the action, lock mechanism, and low pocket carry clip. So, again, THANKS!!
The person who started this thread chose a knife: SOG 1 Flash.

Thanks for letting us know what you picked.

veedreen

Newly Enlightened
ive been looking to see what's out there in a small assisted open knife partial serrated blade. not real thick or heavy i know that's asking a lot. just looking at options for something new to carry