Recommend me some Headphones.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best bang for the buck and highly rated by many, many folks in audio circles are the Superlux HD 668B. They are not easy to find, but they are alleged to be a great pair of cans.

Links:

The pads should be changed for greater comfort, and they clamp a bit hard, but they can be stretched. When they were first released and were still "sleepers," they were really cheap, but since the word has gotten out, the price has gone up.

LEDAdd1ct

Last edited:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Beyerdynamic 770, 32 ohm headphones. Excellent bass due to the closed back, 32 ohm is superb for iPod use. True audiophile sound quality for around~$200.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you chosen any phones? My daughter found that she likes my Grado SR 80's for her MP3 player. SR 60's are on sale for $80 at Audio Advisor right now. Yes, there are better phones, but many feel these are one of the better values for entry level HiFi.

Sheriff420

Newly Enlightened
I have these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RB24S2/?tag=cpf0b6-20 they're only $50 and they are amazing around the house and on trips and stuff. The treble can get a little muffled by the massive bass but hey, that's what the equalizer on the Ipod is for. A minute or two to find the right setting for the equalizer and these headphones are perfect. I have these for when I'm out and about http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VRSQ4A/?tag=cpf0b6-20. They have a really good sound also. I've used the ear buds a few times running the chainsaw and can't even hear it over the music.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I want to hear the music exactly as it was heard in the studio; instrument placement and treble/bass precisely as the band and producer dialed it in. So I use the headphone model most studios use, the Sony MDR-7506. Laser-level flat response, very comfortable to wear, and the only "color" added to the sound is what you specifically EQ yourself. $100, and if you happen to have a big-box musical instruments store near you, you'll find them in stock there now.

sonymdr7506headphonestn.jpg