Recommendations please for flashlights that can use 1.5 volt aaa lithium rechargeables.

gjk735

Newly Enlightened
If there are any. If not I will find other uses for the Paleblues I have. Thanks.

d123

Newly Enlightened
If there are any. If not I will find other uses for the Paleblues I have. Thanks.

If you want something fairly cheap with decent light then consider something like the Olight i3e, I have one in brass that lives in my iPad bag.

I bought for the same reason you mention, tons of AAA batteries around the house.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was under the impression that lithium-ion rechargeable batteries were only available in 3.7 volt versions. Is this 'paleblue' something new?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
They're pretty cool and this type of cell is relatively new I believe. They charge to 3.7 but they're a smart battery and discharge at a constant 1.5 volts.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was under the impression that lithium-ion rechargeable batteries were only available in 3.7 volt versions. Is this 'paleblue' something new?
they are 3.7v cells with a dc dc regulator to output 1,5v, it is not new, cells like that are dime a dozen on amazon and ebay, but there isn't any good long term reviews on those, (pay no mind to amazon reviews, they give you free stuff for good reviews) i tried several AA cells like that, meh, they last not nearly as long as alkaline cells, and their lifespan is pretty short, and self discharge was horrible on the ones i tried, they are inferior to eneloops in pretty much every way.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
This light is a triple a unit. Very small. For what it is, a very useful light. Only 110 lumens but good enough for most tasks. Very well made. Twist switch between modes. I would like another but it seems to be an out of stock item. This from a sellers website:
Odepro ED10 Portable Mini Rotating Penlight Key Chain Black Color Flashlight Lanyard CREE XRE-Q5 Lamp Bead EDC LED Flashlight with AAA Battery

Description:

• CREE XM-E Q5 LED, lifespan is over 50,000 hours:Used 1*AAA Dry Battery
  • ROTARY FIVE MODE SETTINGS - In just seconds, twist to switch between three brightness settings (a blinding high beam,medium beam or low beam), a strobe setting or SOS setting perfect for emergencies to signal for help
  • Lumens (brightness) and battery life:110 lumens (highlight runtime 2 hours) -50 lumens (mid-light runtime 3 hours) -10 lumens (low-light runtime 20 hours)
  • HEAVY DUTY AND WATERPROOF - Made from impact resistant aircraft grade aluminum, this sturdy professional flash light is not just water resistant - it is fully water proof; Plus it includes a strong carrying strap to keep it on hand at critical times
  • USE ANY SINGLE AAA BATTERY YOU WANT - Whether at home indoors, outdoors, cycling, fishing, riding, or for security reasons, with just a single AAA battery, you will have hours upon hours of light to guide your way in the dark.

• If you find a source let us know. Lawrence Rhodes

Sjvalleydave

Newly Enlightened
Li ion batteries usually charge to 4.15-4.2V, then with use they then come down to their nominal working voltage of 3.6-3.7V

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Li ion batteries usually charge to 4.15-4.2V, then with use they then come down to their nominal working voltage of 3.6-3.7V
also see post #6....

fwiw, Pale Blue batteries are not normal LiIon. They have a chip that limits output to 1.5V so they work in any light that uses Single Use Disposable AAA batteries. But unlike normal AAA, the special design makes them rechargeable.

there are other Primary Battery voltages available that use the same Lithium Ion technology, with a special chip that limits output voltage. For example limited to 3V output, made to be interchangeable w Single Use Disposable CR123, but are actually rechargeable LiIon with a chip to limit output Voltage.

Last edited:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a triple a unit. Very small. For what it is, a very useful light. Only 110 lumens but good enough for most tasks. Very well made. Twist switch between modes. I would like another but it seems to be an out of stock item. This from a sellers website:
Odepro ED10 Portable Mini Rotating Penlight Key Chain Black Color Flashlight Lanyard CREE XRE-Q5 Lamp Bead EDC LED Flashlight with AAA Battery

Description:

• CREE XM-E Q5 LED, lifespan is over 50,000 hours:Used 1*AAA Dry Battery
  • ROTARY FIVE MODE SETTINGS - In just seconds, twist to switch between three brightness settings (a blinding high beam,medium beam or low beam), a strobe setting or SOS setting perfect for emergencies to signal for help
  • Lumens (brightness) and battery life:110 lumens (highlight runtime 2 hours) -50 lumens (mid-light runtime 3 hours) -10 lumens (low-light runtime 20 hours)
  • HEAVY DUTY AND WATERPROOF - Made from impact resistant aircraft grade aluminum, this sturdy professional flash light is not just water resistant - it is fully water proof; Plus it includes a strong carrying strap to keep it on hand at critical times
  • USE ANY SINGLE AAA BATTERY YOU WANT - Whether at home indoors, outdoors, cycling, fishing, riding, or for security reasons, with just a single AAA battery, you will have hours upon hours of light to guide your way in the dark.

• If you find a source let us know. Lawrence Rhodes

When I joined CPF, we used to seek out flashlights that could push out 110 lumens from an LED. :)