Recommended Source For Batteries (In The U.S.)?

SEMIJim

Enlightened
It's in the subject line: Please recommend a good source for batteries here in the U.S. (Other than Battery Junction. They're out.)

Thanks,
Jim

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
It's in the subject line: Please recommend a good source for batteries here in the U.S. (Other than Battery Junction. They're out.)

Thanks,
Jim

Curious to know if you don't mind me asking. Why not Battery Junction?

SEMIJim

Enlightened
I have had good luck with Liion Wholesale Batteries.I find their prices to be very competitive.
I know them. I bought my high-current 18650s there, during my brief foray into vaping. No CR123 at all. (Not surprising.) Only one 16340 brand: Efest. No 17500 at all.

I like Illumn.com, never had a problem.
One brand of CR123: Ray-O-Vac. Decent selection of 16340. Prices look competitive. No 17500 at all.

Wow.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like Illumn.com has some 18500's. Any chance an extra millimeter of diameter will fit?

SEMIJim

Enlightened
It looks like Illumn.com has some 18500's. Any chance an extra millimeter of diameter will fit?
I do not know. It's for this: Surefire M3 CombatLight LED Conversion?. 17500s were suggested.

RL- Batterydepot on Ebay
Couldn't find a "Batterydepot" on eBay. General search on "Batterydepot" on the web turned up a very expensive store.

I use illumn and mtnelectronics.. they ship fast. Shipping cost are pretty cheap too.
Already checked Illumn. "mtnelectronics" has none of: CR123, RCR123, 16400 or 17500 batteries in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Still looking like Amazon will be my best bet.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know. It's for this: Surefire M3 CombatLight LED Conversion?. 17500s were suggested.

Interesting. Did you go with the Lumensfactory driver suggested there? If so, it apparently is rated for up to 13V input, so it sounds like 3 x RCR123A / 16340 = should be compatible (4.2v x 3 = 12.6V), as long as the length is ok (protected cells tend to be a little bit longer than the standard size.

Also, I don't know if you already tried Google but just wasn't sure about the reliability of the sellers, but I just did and found a couple places that sell 17500's. I have no idea about this seller, but the AW brand is generally pretty well respected:
http://www.oveready.com/battery-/batteries/aw-17500-li-ion-rechargeable-battery/prod_195.html

Torchmee

Newly Enlightened

Couldn't find a "Batterydepot" on eBay. General search on "Batterydepot" on the web turned up a very expensive store.

Already checked Illumn. "mtnelectronics" has none of: CR123, RCR123, 16400 or 17500 batteries in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Still looking like Amazon will be my best bet.
I just googled: RL- Batterydepot ebay And came up with several links to the store.
Here is one of them that takes you directly to the store: http://stores.ebay.com/RL-batterydepot
If they have what you want you won't hardly find better pricing and everything ships for free!
Highly rated and many folks on the forum use it.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Interesting. Did you go with the Lumensfactory driver suggested there? If so, it apparently is rated for up to 13V input, so it sounds like 3 x RCR123A / 16340 = should be compatible (4.2v x 3 = 12.6V), as long as the length is ok (protected cells tend to be a little bit longer than the standard size.
No, I have not done the upgrade, yet. Limited funds for such things and I've other priorities atm.

Also, I don't know if you already tried Google but just wasn't sure about the reliability of the sellers, but I just did and found a couple places that sell 17500's. I have no idea about this seller, but the AW brand is generally pretty well respected:
http://www.oveready.com/battery-/batteries/aw-17500-li-ion-rechargeable-battery/prod_195.html
I did a bit of search-engine-ing. Wasn't confident with the results, thus asking here :)

Check out RTDvape.com, I've always had great service
I'll give them a look. Thanks.

I just googled: RL- Batterydepot ebay And came up with several links to the store.
Here is one of them that takes you directly to the store: http://stores.ebay.com/RL-batterydepot
If they have what you want you won't hardly find better pricing and everything ships for free!
Highly rated and many folks on the forum use it.
Ah! Thanks! I tried both search-engine-ing and searching on eBay. Neither seemed to turn up anything that looked likely. Guess my search fu was lacking :p

Thanks for all the pointers, everybody!

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Oveready is a very well respected and reliable place to shop. Many on CPF love their products and services. If they have 17500's, they will be first rate, genuine AW's. No knock on "the bay" but I have read too many tales of knock offs and re-packaged seconds being sold there. Just a heads up! [emoji3]

Last edited:

SEMIJim

Enlightened
Oveready is a very well respected and reliable place to shop. Many on CPF love their products and services. If they have 17500's, they will be first rate, genuine AW's.
They have the 17500s, but out of stock on the 16340s. *sigh*...

They look like the best bet, yet, so I'll just keep an eye on them for the 16340s, and hope they'll still have stock in the 17500s when they do.

The CR123 primaries I'll just get wherever. Probably Amazon, since CR123s can be had there for competitive pricing and we have Prime.