Review: 75W HID Xenon Flashlight - 7800mAh battery pack (Picture Heavy!)

unknown001

Newly Enlightened
75W HID

Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

QG4qfsZ.jpg

Summary:

Battery: Battery Pack - 7800mAh
Switch: Tailcap
Modes: High (75W) - Medium (55W) - Low (35W)
+ Secondary Mode group : Strobe and SoS
Bulb Type: 75W HID (Cool White ~5500K)
Reflector: Aluminum, Smooth
Lens: Glass
Tailstands: No
Price: $135.00 Shipped

Pros:

• It's Bright!
  • Ease of use ( No fumbling around charging 3+ 18650/26650 batteries )
  • Rather lightweight for how massive it appears
    • Even distribution of weight, center of mass is around the first section of knurling behind the head
  • Shoulder strap if needed
  • Carry case to keep various parts organized
  • Additional Lampshade warms the tint to ~3500k if a warmer tint is desired
  • Threads are very smooth
  • Machining is very smooth
  • Handles the heat very well.
  • Simple to disassemble to upgrade/replace parts
  • Battery pack has a backup lightsource (3x 5mm led's in case the pack is depleted too much to be able to use the HID)
  • Extremely useful flood/spot adjustment (See beamshots!)

Cons:

• Takes time to warm up to full brightness (Inherent with HID technology)
  • Some cheap components
    • Plastic rings that secure the attachments for the shoulder strap arrived cracked
    • Reflector has a few divots/bubbles in the reflective finish and actual aluminum is dented in my sample

Function:

• H-M-L
    • 1 Short press from Off: High
    • 1 Short press from High: Medium
    • 1 Short press from Medium: Low
    • 1 Short press from Low: Off

• Strobe - SoS
    • 1 Long press from Off: Strobe
    • 1 Short press from Strobe: SoS
    • 1 Short press from SoS: Off

Pictures:
Here is the case, C8 for scale.

YcUQpfd.jpg

Down to the bright room.
mqiW6xe.jpg

Contains all the goodies. :)
Ao72jQ8.jpg

From Right to left, top to bottom: car charger, plug converter, additional lampshade, AC plug, wall charger, shoulder strap, 7800mAh battery pack, 75W HID Flashlight, Manual, Lens cleaning cloth.
Xcj4cIz.jpg

A few pictures of the manual, and information on the label on the wall charger.
9jLao9F.jpg
PdZrT0w.jpg
C6LtgjE.jpg

8RXF7g9.jpg

Shoulder Strap attached. I'm 5'10, the light rests a few inches above my waist when the strap is on my shoulder.
hu9s25E.jpg

Backside of the battery pack, the volt meter seems to be pretty accurate and consistent based on a 10-15 tests at various levels of charge. It takes a few seconds to determine the level of charge when depleted a fair amount.
040q6mE.jpg

Front side of the battery pack. Leads on 'D' and '+' show the charge of the pack. On the bottom you can see the charging port. On the top right is the switch for the 3x 5mm led's.
XDUKJtb.jpg

Charge indicator in High (75W - Green), Medium (55W - Blue), Low (35W - Red)
When switched into the Flashy group the strobe/SoS utilize High for the flashes.
Fjnj6LP.jpg
MLWrCIq.jpg
dSxXr4D.jpg

Here's the flashlight! :)
E21rSXi.jpg

Breakdown:

Taking off the plastic rings that secure the shoulder strap hooks.
FpOhPpE.jpg

Here is the cracked part on one of the rings. One of the (few) weakpoints of this flashlight.
Gsk4T7Z.jpg

Here are the tailcap threads. Very smooth despite the odd sized thread near the O-ring. The O-ring is just slightly too big and provides a little more resistance than needed when threading the tailcap on.
igVz028.jpg

Down the tube. Some nicks on the battery tube.
nsUE25N.jpg

Bezel and Reflector. The dent at the bottom of the reflector can be seen here (6 O'clock).
CL9Dz87.jpg

Reflector, a few of the defects in the finish can be seen here. The dent can also be seen here.
KTGVFs7.jpg

Underside of the reflector, and the bulb assembly removed.
A5801D9.jpg

Contact plate of the bulb assembly.
y9TDLSS.jpg

Down the head with the bulb assembly removed.
c2va7oJ.jpg

Bulb assembly reinstalled in the head.
ra2yJq7.jpg

Bezel threads on the head (Very smooth and plentiful).
NTyr2Gr.jpg

Size Comparison:

BTU Shocker, Maglite 3D, 75W HID
sENPbOf.jpg

Comparing the reflector/head size
1Fgj7Eh.jpg

Beam Shots:
H - M - L
~150 Yards
Spot

TjfHPPc.gif

Flood
5CfPrOD.gif

~50 Yards
Spot

xUg7DEf.gif

Flood
kiOAOck.gif

Comparing 75W HID with the BTU Shocker (3x XML, 3x NCR18650 PD Unprotected [4.20v], DRY Driver - Turbo @ 4.5A)
vy35EcG.jpg

For the following pictures:
BTU Shocker on Turbo. On the Right
75W HID on High. On the Left
~150 Yards
DBjONy4.jpg
plFK71K.jpg

~50 Yards
H9ptO5O.jpg
gwIcFge.jpg

Conclusion:

This 75W HID flashlight is a very nice flashlight with some serious output. It's size may be off-putting for some, it was for me until I actually got it in my hands. The evenly distributed weight makes it very comfortable to carry. The focusing feature is incredibly useful, allowing this massive light to rapidly switch between super thrower and super flooder.
A star was deducted because of the cheap plastic rings and dented reflector.

Light Provided by Banggood for review.

NyxNax

Newly Enlightened
I have this same flashlight except its the 85 watt 8700 lumen version. They are made by a ton of different companies. I believe they are kits from china that companies buy and resell under there name. If you look at amazon youll see them under a bunch of different companies and at different prices ranging from around 140-300. This model hes using I believe is the older one and the newer ones are 8700 lumens. Unless some are less powerful I dont know. I had one 3 years ago that was 7800 lumens and it only came in black then and now they come in black or silver and claim 8700 lumens. They do seem more powerful for sure though. I gave my older one to my uncle, so next time ill try a side by side.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWNFLI6/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I got one of each silver and black. I have a Fenix Rc40 as well and these are twice as powerful. More basic build quality but still are well made. I wouldnt recommend using the shoulder strap because the hooks are made of plastic and I had one slip off and managed to catch the flashlight though. Just go buy a new shoulder strap if youd like to use one for 10 bucks. The connection points on the flashlight are made of metal so you dont have to worry bout those breaking.
Just to note, you do need to take the battery out to charge them. The battery itself does have a flashlight built in on it, lol, for whatever reason...

For 140 bucks, it is damn well worth it and recommend it whether your a flashlight enthusiast or buying your first high powered flashlight. Just know your buying a BEAST

SemiMan

Banned
Is it even worth mentioning that the UL sticker on the power supply is a fake hence making the product illegal and possibly dangerous?

Semiman

RemcoM

Enlightened
75W HID

Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★★☆

QG4qfsZ.jpg

Summary:

Battery:
Battery Pack - 7800mAh
Switch:
Tailcap
Modes:
High (75W) - Medium (55W) - Low (35W)
+ Secondary Mode group : Strobe and SoS
Bulb Type:
75W HID (Cool White ~5500K)
Reflector:
Aluminum, Smooth
Lens:
Glass
Tailstands:
No
Price:
$135.00 Shipped

Pros:

• It's Bright!
  • Ease of use ( No fumbling around charging 3+ 18650/26650 batteries )
  • Rather lightweight for how massive it appears
    • Even distribution of weight, center of mass is around the first section of knurling behind the head
  • Shoulder strap if needed
  • Carry case to keep various parts organized
  • Additional Lampshade warms the tint to ~3500k if a warmer tint is desired
  • Threads are very smooth
  • Machining is very smooth
  • Handles the heat very well.
  • Simple to disassemble to upgrade/replace parts
  • Battery pack has a backup lightsource (3x 5mm led's in case the pack is depleted too much to be able to use the HID)
  • Extremely useful flood/spot adjustment (See beamshots!)

Cons:

• Takes time to warm up to full brightness (Inherent with HID technology)
  • Some cheap components
    • Plastic rings that secure the attachments for the shoulder strap arrived cracked
    • Reflector has a few divots/bubbles in the reflective finish and actual aluminum is dented in my sample

Function:

• H-M-L
    • 1 Short press from Off: High
    • 1 Short press from High: Medium
    • 1 Short press from Medium: Low
    • 1 Short press from Low: Off

• Strobe - SoS
    • 1 Long press from Off: Strobe
    • 1 Short press from Strobe: SoS
    • 1 Short press from SoS: Off

Pictures:
Here is the case, C8 for scale.

YcUQpfd.jpg

Down to the bright room.
mqiW6xe.jpg

Contains all the goodies. :)
Ao72jQ8.jpg

From Right to left, top to bottom: car charger, plug converter, additional lampshade, AC plug, wall charger, shoulder strap, 7800mAh battery pack, 75W HID Flashlight, Manual, Lens cleaning cloth.
Xcj4cIz.jpg

A few pictures of the manual, and information on the label on the wall charger.
9jLao9F.jpg
PdZrT0w.jpg
C6LtgjE.jpg

8RXF7g9.jpg

Shoulder Strap attached. I'm 5'10, the light rests a few inches above my waist when the strap is on my shoulder.
hu9s25E.jpg

Backside of the battery pack, the volt meter seems to be pretty accurate and consistent based on a 10-15 tests at various levels of charge. It takes a few seconds to determine the level of charge when depleted a fair amount.
040q6mE.jpg

Front side of the battery pack. Leads on 'D' and '+' show the charge of the pack. On the bottom you can see the charging port. On the top right is the switch for the 3x 5mm led's.
XDUKJtb.jpg

Charge indicator in High (75W - Green), Medium (55W - Blue), Low (35W - Red)
When switched into the Flashy group the strobe/SoS utilize High for the flashes.
Fjnj6LP.jpg
MLWrCIq.jpg
dSxXr4D.jpg

Here's the flashlight! :)
E21rSXi.jpg

Breakdown:

Taking off the plastic rings that secure the shoulder strap hooks.
FpOhPpE.jpg

Here is the cracked part on one of the rings. One of the (few) weakpoints of this flashlight.
Gsk4T7Z.jpg

Here are the tailcap threads. Very smooth despite the odd sized thread near the O-ring. The O-ring is just slightly too big and provides a little more resistance than needed when threading the tailcap on.
igVz028.jpg

Down the tube. Some nicks on the battery tube.
nsUE25N.jpg

Bezel and Reflector. The dent at the bottom of the reflector can be seen here (6 O'clock).
CL9Dz87.jpg

Reflector, a few of the defects in the finish can be seen here. The dent can also be seen here.
KTGVFs7.jpg

Underside of the reflector, and the bulb assembly removed.
A5801D9.jpg

Contact plate of the bulb assembly.
y9TDLSS.jpg

Down the head with the bulb assembly removed.
c2va7oJ.jpg

Bulb assembly reinstalled in the head.
ra2yJq7.jpg

Bezel threads on the head (Very smooth and plentiful).
NTyr2Gr.jpg

Size Comparison:

BTU Shocker, Maglite 3D, 75W HID
sENPbOf.jpg

Comparing the reflector/head size
1Fgj7Eh.jpg

Beam Shots:
H - M - L
~150 Yards
Spot

TjfHPPc.gif

Flood
5CfPrOD.gif

~50 Yards
Spot

xUg7DEf.gif

Flood
kiOAOck.gif

Comparing 75W HID with the BTU Shocker (3x XML, 3x NCR18650 PD Unprotected [4.20v], DRY Driver - Turbo @ 4.5A)
vy35EcG.jpg

For the following pictures:
BTU Shocker on Turbo. On the Right
75W HID on High. On the Left
~150 Yards
DBjONy4.jpg
plFK71K.jpg

~50 Yards
H9ptO5O.jpg
gwIcFge.jpg

Conclusion:

This 75W HID flashlight is a very nice flashlight with some serious output. It's size may be off-putting for some, it was for me until I actually got it in my hands. The evenly distributed weight makes it very comfortable to carry. The focusing feature is incredibly useful, allowing this massive light to rapidly switch between super thrower and super flooder.
A star was deducted because of the cheap plastic rings and dented reflector.

Light Provided by Banggood for review.

What is the beam distance of this light?

How far does the beam reach?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the beam distance of this light?

How far does the beam reach?

RemcoM - Perhaps don't quote the entire review again. It makes reading the thread hard work.

To the OP, I had the 65W version of this generic HID. Apart from the digital display on the battery it looked exactly the same. Very good bang for your buck, but the major flaw was the terrible reflector. I would argue that it does not zoom between super flood and super throw, instead that when focussed for throw, it does create a reasonable beam, but with a blindingly bright spill. When using in even the 65W version, this overly bright spill created a hard edge to the world I could see, and nothing beyond the edge of the spill was visible. It created a strange tunnel vision effect I've never experienced in any other high power light.

If a bit more work was done on the reflector to make it deeper and actually focus the light properly, this could be a monster. Until then, the very poor reflector design, and resulting terrible beam make this horrible to use once you get over the wow factor of how bright it is.