*Review* NeoFab LegionII

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks wbp,

The ceiling fan was on in the kitchen blowing down to the floor so I'm sure that helped some. The emitter is fine as the pictures taken of the garage door were after that test as well as the lux measurements in the bathroom which coincide with the lux measurements at 1m and 10m that were taken before the run-test.

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I am sorry for my reply to this thread being as late as it is. This is an amazing review Patriot! I love the tree beamshots, and I can tell the FM11 generates extremely high lux.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks BlueBeam. That little FM11 is one of my best throwing incans outside of my spotlight class of lights. FM's reflector really does well when paired with the WA1111 bulb.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
I had some spare time today, so I did a runtime test on my Legion 2 using new AW 18650 2600mAh (were at their 1st charge):
2h32 on max ... not bad ;)

MiniLux

Patriot

Flashaholic
I had some spare time today, so I did a runtime test on my Legion 2 using new AW 18650 2600mAh (were at their 1st charge):

MiniLux

That's encouraging from the new 2600's right off of their first charge. I just received three of them myself and I'm running them in a FM Megalennium body. It's set-up with an 1185 lamp right now but I haven't performed a run-time test yet. I'm hoping for about 36-40 minutes though.

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
i really want this light.. but i also want the eagletac m2x4 also... gotta buy 5 batteries to go with them if i get both... damn my wallet will get definitely get lighter...

if you had to get choose, would it be this one or the eagletac?

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's a difficult call for me to make VFJ1. The value of the EagleTac is an attractive lure. Add to that the better beam without any donut hole and I might lean in that direction myself. Still, the L2 is a custom light with more battery capacity, unmatched regulation, and a unique UI. There's also the issue of exclusivity with the L2 which is kind of neat. I wish I had an easy answer for you but I don't. Then again, if money is tight the value of the EagleTac counts for a lot.

easilyled

Flashaholic
i really want this light.. but i also want the eagletac m2x4 also... gotta buy 5 batteries to go with them if i get both... damn my wallet will get definitely get lighter...

if you had to get choose, would it be this one or the eagletac?

Right now, I'd choose any of the mass-produced quad-die lights like the eagletac m2x4 or Jetbeam m1x in preference to the LegionII.

Not because the LegionII sample in this review isn't a great light, but because of all the problems that people have experienced
in the LegionIIs that they have received and the lack of communication by neoseikan in addressing these issues.

You will see this if you look in the Manufacturers section in CPFMarketPlace in the relevant thread.

Your light might take a long time to arrive and if there are any problems it will take an even longer time to resolve them (if at all)

However I know Eagletac the company have been very quick to address any problems reported with their lights.

Last edited:

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
i've read the posts from the cpfmfg's threads too...
as much as i want the legion 2 for the construction, unique (aren't they all...) battery setup, and incredible regulation, i've come to decide that i'll get the eagletac m2x4 over the legion 2 for now, being that it is readily available and the support quick to respond when something goes bad... thanks for the discussion and for the reviews too. time to order and outshine the dx 3xcree i got for my brother last year.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've read the posts from the cpfmfg's threads too...
as much as i want the legion 2 for the construction, unique (aren't they all...) battery setup, and incredible regulation, i've come to decide that i'll get the eagletac m2x4 over the legion 2 for now, being that it is readily available and the support quick to respond when something goes bad... thanks for the discussion and for the reviews too. time to order and outshine the dx 3xcree i got for my brother last year.

Sad to say, I've concluded the same thing.

I pulled trigger on the both the M2 and the M2X and love them both! Fabulous lights that scratch the itch for this class... Neofab was this close to a home run and it breaks my heart.
:mecry:

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened

MiniLux

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2970294&postcount=73

I ordered a batch of these, got them two days ago, charged ...
As I don't have a suitable discharger, I did a runtime test on Legion 2.

Runtime (max) on Panasonic NCR18650 2900mAH (1st charge):
2h52 starts blinking
2h55 shuts off

MiniLux :party: