REVIEW: Nitecore TUBE T-series (45 lumens, integrated lithium 100mah) + my LASERs

realista

Enlightened
s2JFOKy.jpg

(i am not so good to write in english, i am surely making a lot of grammar error, so please be compliant with me. I accept suggestions and corrections if you wanna point me where i wrote a "strange phrase" and suggest me the correct way to express myself in the english language)

First impressions:
Shipped from: GearBest for review purpose
Really small and arrived in original packaging

sjNuB6t.jpg

ss7Z5Ps.jpg

imHunS3.jpg
ZTSvTnA.jpg

Modes and estimated lumens:

Switch type: ELECTRONIC
There are " 2 " modes in the following order:
1 click= Low mode 2 fast click= Hi mode
How to set variable brightness?
Press 1 click, then click a second time and keep it pressing to se a gradually increase in light output, JUST LEAVE the button and the light output is "fixed" at the desided value

My estimated lumens are 45 and its tint is cold white

>>>LIGHT >>> The angle of refraction:
l1gs6Mp.jpg

Weight and dimensions measurements (made myself, not by specs):

This flashlight weighs precisely 9,1 gr
Height 56 cm
Width 21 cm
Thickness 8 cm

Construction quality:

I can't say many words about it, it is made by strong polycarbonate and feels really durable in hand.
Led type is unknown and the feel of the electronic switch is comfortable, not too much soft or hard to press.
The integrated lithium battery is rated 100mah.

BA39BG2.jpg

qaoy4ye.jpg

J2ByJxV.jpg
wRZ9XEk.jpg
1eXxn7E.jpg
OspOanh.jpg
MNqQNgp.jpg
asnvF2m.jpg
t4YVHeK.jpg
Ho1kGWR.jpg
gEYTJUO.jpg
BYM1lc6.jpg

Outside beamshot at 25 meters, only at FULL power (same place for all my reviews)
TZ9rYAi.gif

Wall beamshot at 250 centimeters, from lower to higher power (same place for all my reviews)

FpzupyI.gif

Ceiling bounce test with LUXmeter:

cvJSNRu.jpg

ALZVwja.jpg

Nv6BuPm.png

PROS:

- chargeable with micro usb port (perfect as gift)
- very lightweight but still good amount of light
- integrated battery
- price is really low

CONS:
- no cons

Final thoughts and why you should buy it:

I personally own other AAA flashlight but i think that this one is really useful and much different from the others.
Ok, it's not paragonable to 80/100lumens emitted by most powerful1xAAA (nimh) flashlights , but the COOL TINT do actually help to improve the night vision respecting a more warm tint, and so also 45 lumens seems adequate.
The option to recharge it with microusb is more convenient to extract the battery and charge it with a stand alone charger....most people do not own it (parents, uncles, grandchildrens)

Thanks for reading.....
….and if you notice some bad written phrases, feel free to correct me suggesting the right way to write it!! :)

Last edited:

gwhiz

Newly Enlightened
Good writeup. I picked up a couple to give to my kids for Christmas. [emoji319][emoji319][emoji301]️

Trevilux

Enlightened
For the beamshot wall 25 meters, Have you increased the time of exposition?, because I can see the STOP sign shining (at the end of the street)!, when the Tube full power PIC ....and I have a some Tubes...and my units are not so bright.

(Sample for review?)

Last edited:

verdum

Newly Enlightened
the cons for me is that plastic body that turns into candle once you turn on the flashlight.
I'd prefer some kind of tir with more focused beam.

realista

Enlightened
@trevilux , no i did not increase the time of exposition....it is the same for all my review and i suppose the stop sign is shining just because is perfectly facing the ligh and i can say that kind of sign is really reflective even on a low light source...and the picture increased the effect.
one is sample, the other one(transparent) is not sample ...and i bought several other for friends and they all like it!

but i can say the transparent one is the better one..... better looking and light output is better.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
I own one of these... they're definitely well made. I would prefer a more focused beam. I may play with some reflective tape to see if I can coax a little directionality out of it.

verdum

Newly Enlightened
I own one of these... they're definitely well made. I would prefer a more focused beam. I may play with some reflective tape to see if I can coax a little directionality out of it.
Are you going to wrap the LED into reflective tape ? o_O

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
Are you going to wrap the LED into reflective tape ? o_O
No, I'll leave the LED alone, just wrapping metal tape around the "mouth" of the light to create a makeshift reflector. It may be terrible but it's worth a shot.

verdum

Newly Enlightened
ok, share your results when you are ready. I also prefer beam to be more focused but maybe it is possible to find some tiny reflector from cheap keylight...

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
No, I'll leave the LED alone, just wrapping metal tape around the "mouth" of the light to create a makeshift reflector. It may be terrible but it's worth a shot.

Not worth the effort. It barely changes the beam profile.

In the end I wrapped the mouth of the light with black electrical tape to avoid glare. This helps by letting my eyes adjust for the beam rather than the source.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
We just use our index finger and thumb, choking up on the emitter until the light does not glare into the eyes. Actually some light reflects off the skin, making what's ahead a little brighter.

fulabeer

Newly Enlightened
I've just got the black version, and this obviously cuts down the glare coming from the body. It is much smaller than I imaged thus perfect for a keychain.
And that's the point really. It should only really be used for emergency and situations that wouldn't warrant carrying a normal flash light around.
I cannot see the point in the variable brightness feature, and thought a strobe function may have been a better option. The strobe might be a good feature in an emergency attack situation, for example people approaching their car in a dark place.
You would have your keys out with the torch on. Anything happens and you turn on the strobe etc. Might just be the difference of your loved one getting in their car or running away...

But this is a small gripe. I love it, and I am impressed with the output. I'm having a hard time getting it back off the wife and kids, so I can see a big order after Christmas!

realista

Enlightened
i don`t think that the strobo would be really useful....without a reflector you can just blind a children...maybe!
variable output is a GREAT FEATURE.....because choosing between 1lumens or 45 lumens is a poor choose.
with variable brightness you can choose a point in the middle... like 5lumens. 15....20 and gain a light runtime between the fixed time of 1h at 45lumens or 48h at 1 lumens..... so ...imho it is an important feature of this flashlight!