Review: Spark SK3 and SK7, two nice EDCs

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got 2 SK7s in the mail. Both o-rings were broken. Easily replaced - even though they don't supply extra rings. The split ring is flimsy and I'll use a real one. The carabiner isn't the greatest either. No lube on the threads - again, disappointing but easily fixed. The rest of the fit and finish is fine and I like the different knurling pattern, ss bezel ring and grey color. I like AAA lights - small and good gifts. My 16 year old son grabbed one - the first time he's taken a light from me. Glad I got 2!

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
Spark has a new edition of the SK3 out now, called the "SK3 Sonder Edition - TLF Forumlampe" Below is the link to their web page. The specs are exactly the same, but it ships with a free Lithium Ion battery.

I just bought a SK7 and find the sculpting on the body wonderful. I think Spark would have a more popular light if they produced a 3 or 4 mode version of the AAA, and perhaps some other colors as well.

I am thinking of buying a SK3. For me, the lack of compatibility with 18350 batteries is not an issue, but I would like to see a lower low, ~ under 3 Lumens, with an accompanying longer run time, > 50 hours.

http://www.spark-store.com/index.php?a=328

photonmaster

Banned
I bought the SK7 a long time ago and had to return it.

The anodizing quality, the threads and the beam were all very poor. Budget light standards. Not nearly as good as their headlamps for example.

I would not recommend these Sparks at least.