Review: ThruNite TN36, 3x MK-R

SilverSmurf

Newly Enlightened
Very nice review and pictures ameretto.

I'm just curious about the 6510 lumens output. That would imply 2170 lm for each LED, compared with the 1769 lm (at a maximum power of 15 W) quoted on Cree's site. Why the discrepancy? Sorry if this is a stupid question...

Thanks anyway.

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for the great comparison shots! The perspective used really allows visible real world differences between the lights. This one is a clear winner.

Capolini

Banned
Just ordered One from Illumns. He started w/ 10 earlier today. I checked a few hours ago and 2 were left. I got One of them and the other was gone in 15 minutes!! :eek:

Apparently these are hard to get,especially in large quantities due to popularity and production issues,,,,,that is what I heard!

This will be my FIRST real floody light,,a great start and a Flood Monster at that! Besides EDC lights all others I own are modded throwers! This should compliment it well! :twothumbs

Last edited:

HIDSGT

Enlightened
No loss,they could never match Illums discounts on any product!
wat discount? its $200 just like it is from the factory. and btw the beam shots don't tell the whole story. this light is anything but impressive. looks more like 2000 lumens vs. 6500 lumens. way too floody and I wanted a floody light but this thing is just weak!. its too stubby and very heavy for its size. not impressed at all.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
wat discount? its $200 just like it is from the factory. and btw the beam shots don't tell the whole story. this light is anything but impressive. looks more like 2000 lumens vs. 6500 lumens. way too floody and I wanted a floody light but this thing is just weak!. its too stubby and very heavy for its size. not impressed at all.
What does it[coupon code] matter?! You don't like the light and sold it!

If you email them they will tell you.

You are just not use to floody lights.They don't seem as bright because they disperse the light much more than throwers.

I love and always will love throwers or something as well balanced as the TK75VN KT a lot more.

Believe me, putting this light against my BST[3500 LUMENS] ....the output difference is very noticeable.

Last edited: