Rex Accessories At Photon Light

guam9092

Newly Enlightened
Unless some of you already know, I received email notification from Photon Light that the solar charger with usb charger is available for 19.95 and using LABORDAY to get 15% discount. I ordered one and the wait begins. Check the website the solar charger is a squared shape attaching the Rex behind solar panel. Looks pretty cool. The kit also includes headband for the Rex.

ama230

Enlightened
i seen that too and the wait is finally over and would like to see one of these kits in action as the clip for the light is awesome.

then again they could have just beefed up a photon freedom clip so you can direct the light anywhere.

Also wonder how long it takes to charge via solar?

Its is an extremely bright light and on low its definately a winner! The new leds in it are great as they are the warm gs so there are two versions and great products. Very worth the 17 bucks for the versatility.

They should also make a light and the kit in one for 30 bucks as most would then get this as 40 bucks for a keychain light is pretty crazy, even though i would still pay for it.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I came here to post about it too, but you beat me. I had to order one, much like I'll have to buy Duke Nukem Forever when it finally comes out.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
About time...the clip should have been included with the light, it's the same design they showed off when the ReX was first announced. The solar and USB dock does look like they added some work and polish, though. Any idea when other dealers will get it to cut the price down a bit? I can get a ReX for thirteen less than sticker price, curious what this kit will sell for.

Last edited:

PhotonLight

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I think the chargers themselves were the hold-up (plus another long delay due to packaging design issues--when it rains it pours sometimes). The clip has just been waiting for everything else to be completed as a package. LRI just started shipping the accessories last week when we announced them, so I expect other dealers should have them soon if they've ordered them yet. And any discounted pricing of course is up to whoever is selling them. Personally, we wouldn't be able to stay in business very long selling stuff that close to cost, but if they can make that work for them, more power to them.

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I do give you guys a lot of credit for being the direct line to the company for the public, and for giving the best range of options for people who know exactly what they want. I've purchased from you before and would again, if your price holds up as competitive I'd gladly place an order for the kit and some extras.

As for the kit itself, the solar charger is getting talked about on other forums...Depending on how well it pans out, it may get picked up by the long--term survival types and the ultralighters who want that green edge. As for me, the USB charger is a bit more suited for my lifestyle, but the solar will get tested as well. The ReX has potential that's gotten forgotten quite a bit since its release, this kit may get it back on the map.

PhotonLight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Yeah, we've been getting a great response so far from customers excited to finally have the USB/Solar charging option for their ReX. Looking forward to when all of the stuff we've been shipping out the last few days starts arriving and we start to get some feedback on the chargers in real-world use.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I received my kit today - that seems pretty quick.

I think it's a great design; they feel very sturdy and amazingly well thought out. I did have a hard time getting my ReX back out of the usb charger - it snapped in nicely but then I felt that I would break it getting it free. I ended up prying the clips away from the light to release it. I think I'll sand those down just a hair. It's probably my own fault anyway for having opened the light on prior occasions. Well you have to to see what's inside!

I'm very happy to have the kit. I've wanted it for ages, and I'm not disappointed. Plus, I'm even more prepared now for the zombiepocolypse.

PhotonLight

Newly Enlightened
The ReX does lock in pretty tight at first, but after a few times in & out of the clip it "loosens up". Make sure you stock up on plenty of shovels, bats, and other blunt objects too. :)