ReyLight Ti Lan Proto Review

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going against the flow, but I think the body style is very sharp looking as is, and vote #2.

Feel free to ignore my vote though, since I can't commit to buying one at this time. I just keeping looking back at the damascus album and drooling, and I'm really curious how makume would look on a combination of curved and flat surfaces that this shape provides:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145188701@N05/sets/72157673820483065/

phosphor22

Enlightened
That looks quite nice. Not sure I like the pineapple knurling but the slim body goes well.

I agree that it is a little busy :eek:oo: in this configuration (with fewer concentric rings -- 2 perhaps -- and without the vertical 'notch' it would be just right IMO), but it feels excellent in use -- the grip factor is true. My main take away from this experiment (although I might leave it this way, at least for a while) is that the considerably narrow waist helps a lot regarding ergonomics - grip. This is especially evident when I do an comparison between the standard LAN configuration, and this hybrid one.

Last edited:

Mrty

Newly Enlightened
Ok I give up anybody know where the tutorial by gunga for installing trits on the end of light is. Found the front

Mrty

Newly Enlightened
Gunga thanks so much. What a great wealth of info , appreciate you taking the time to do that

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look what the postman decided to bring me.
b958032214f11f57b8353d8dc9b316c2.jpg

One problem I had is there was some damage to the lens of my other LAN in the bead blasting process. Works fine but causes beam artifact. Anyone have lens dimensions so I can dig up a replacement?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
One problem I had is there was some damage to the lens of my other LAN in the bead blasting process. Works fine but causes beam artifact. Anyone have lens dimensions so I can dig up a replacement?

In case this helps anybody else: when we have parts at work bead blasted that have sensitive surfaces, I think the workers use a couple layers of gaffers tape to protect those surfaces.

Looks cool though - a mix of a rough industrial sort of look, and that high tech blue glow.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gaffers tape?

Edit:
Nevermind- Google is a powerful tool.

That blasted LAN looks great.

Last edited: