RIP Gaston Glock

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_2503.jpeg

You dun good sir

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is sad. He was a decent fellow.

I'll never forget being in 11th grade and using the school computers to read about Glocks on a forum on the internet. Before that I had to buy a book about them or read a Guns & Ammo.

An LEO was willing to supply me with a Gen1 17 or Gen 2.5 27. I wanted the 9mm but for some reason he didn't have it the day I had the cash so I ended up with a .40. He was selling it for some old lady who became very concerned about my purchase and walked and talked withe me as I was leaving. She didn't want it used in a crime. I wondered myself if it would be....

I went to a class 3 machine gun shop and got some Israeli Fobus gear for it, holster and mag pouch, and a 15 round G22 mag. The AWB was over and I wanted some serious firepower. Later on as budget allowed I got some Lawman FMJs and PMC Starfire hollow points.

I carried it for a while but mostly I kept it locked up in a cash box.

Then I got a Glock 19C Gen3 a few years later. This had a rail on it but I didn't know why. After some research I learn it accepts a light. At some point I get a Glock GTL10, my first high powered light.

This feels like such an accomplishment looking back seeing as I wasn't 21 yet.

I many more Glocks once I got an ID card. They are reliable but everything else is better in every possible way.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I miss my Glock sub compact 9mm well made small and accurate . if life gets back on track I'll get a new one or the hell cat

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
When my department mandated the Glock 22 in 2000 I was skeptical - not about the caliber; that had already proven itself, at least anecdotally in my county (3 shootings, 3 ex-bad guys). The gun itself was my problem - I had only shot a G17 and that was many years before. I remember not really caring for the way it rode in my hand. Once I got ahold of the G22 I was sold! I loved everything about the way it worked and carried! I ended up hating the .40 though - I never shot it well and felt it was just too snappy. When I left LE I bought myself a G19 and later on a G26 and I haven't looked back! Thank you Gaston!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a 36, the way it sits in my hand feels natural, better than the rest of glocks i tried, thou i have not tried all of them, .45 recoil is not bad as it would seem, i actually shot it better than my 9mm p94.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember when the Glock first came on the scene? Reliable right out of the gate, but that slick, non-1911 grip was the quirk; That and the odd trigger break feel…

But it kept getting better.

Never have, never will own one but total respect.

Colt made revolvers. Browning made the 1911 type, inspiring most all actions since.

Gaston Glock,
Thank you sir.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Remember when the Glock first came on the scene? Reliable right out of the gate, but that slick, non-1911 grip was the quirk; That and the odd trigger break feel…

But it kept getting better.

Never have, never will own one but total respect.

Colt made revolvers. Browning made the 1911 type, inspiring most all actions since.

Gaston Glock,
Thank you sir.
Agreed.