RRT-0 or Jet III M??

pseudoblue

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just my opinions. The RRT-0 is a good EDC light and I carry it with me most of the time. However for a duty belt, I will recommend the Jet III-M from your choice.

The RRT-0 has 5 modes, and the first 4 modes are good for any general use, fixing stuff, camping, reading, changing a flat tire. The max mode is bright indeed but the runtime is not that great (~20mins on AW LifePO4, and over 35mins on AW RCR123).

The Jet III-M with AW 18650 will give you much better runtime on Max when you need. For a duty belt I think you'll find yourself needing more lumens to check on something close or at a distance and especially outdoors, you may need it to last for hours and have sufficient brightness. You can do this by programming the Jet III to say 100 lumens (around 60%). With 18650, you'll get many hours from it. Switch to Max mode when you need that punch.

The M1X can take the place of a duty belt too. It's tough and way brighter. But it can be a little too big with the extender, but that's up to your preference. There's no clip for it like the Jet III, but you can use a maglite D-cell belt holder to hook on your belt and hold the light. Just an option.

1 is a CREE 7090 XR-E (R2 bin) 250 lumens & the other is a CREE 7090 XR-E Q5 (Q5 bin) 225 lumens with the 2nd being $10 cheaper.
can someone please explain the difference?
To keep this answer simple, when driving the LEDs at the same drive current, the XRE R2 has more output than XRE Q5. But this factor is not to be compared here as both lights are totally different in battery setup, circuit, UI and reflector. It depends what your requirements are.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
For long term cost, if your using rechargeable, it'll be around the same for both. Runtime wise, definitely the JEt-III M
this forum has truly been a blessing & curse at the same time. blessing that i can come here & research lights & cursed because the voices tells me to buy buy buy :devil:

i've done the research on both lights & really think that i can't go wrong with either but i can only choose 1 since i also will be buying an M1X.

i like the RRT-0 for its size & would me ideal for weight saving reasons. i like the jet IIIM for its programability (switching between 2 modes quickly), runtime & the size aint bad either.

what would be the more efficient (long term cost & runtime) when using rechargable batteries between the 2 lights?

it's for my LEO duty belt (EDC type)

thanks again for all the help

boloson

Newly Enlightened
i really appreciate everyone that responded. III M it is but i still might buy the RRT-0 also :twothumbs

nightcop

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bro, I have the Jet MIII for my duty belt and work at night. Runtime and beam is outstanding. Size is awesome and so is throw. I got the R2 and it has a nice warm tint ( the nicest of my lights).

The surefire v70 holster fits the light bezel up and is solid on duty belt.

Bugoutgearusa.com has the jet MIII for $68 shipped with coupon code "cpfjet", which is 20% off. Shipping is fast also.

Warning: aw2600 18650 flat top cells do not work! Use aw2200 cells.

Be safe at work.

boloson

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bro, I have the Jet MIII for my duty belt and work at night. Runtime and beam is outstanding. Size is awesome and so is throw. I got the R2 and it has a nice warm tint ( the nicest of my lights).

The surefire v70 holster fits the light bezel up and is solid on duty belt.

Bugoutgearusa.com has the jet MIII for $68 shipped with coupon code "cpfjet", which is 20% off. Shipping is fast also.

Warning: aw2600 18650 flat top cells do not work! Use aw2200 cells.

Be safe at work.

hey bro, what state are u a cop in? i'm in MA. i just received this light from bugout & it's awesome. i didn't realize that it was this small so im glad that i didn't get the RRT -0. the 2 modes is perfect for what we do. got the 1st mode on high & the 2nd mode set on strobe for distraction & directing traffic. i will try it on a few mv stops tomorrow night. was messing around the house/ backyard in complete darkness & it really illuminates everything. just what i was looking for. i also got the M1X but it's backordered. i can't imagine what higher lumens flashlight would look like. i am actually using AW 18650 2600 maH it's working great so far. it's the ones for $16.49 from bugout. i'll have to check out that holster. thanks & stay safe.

i really appreciate this forum for literally enlightening me to all these new flashlight technology.