• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S10R Baton and Baton II problem- not working auto output power adjustment

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forums!

From what I see everything is working correctly. Olight's product description says the red indicator light in the switch will flash when the battery gets low, it does not say it has a step down. The reason it shuts off and will not turn back on is the battery has a built in protection circuit to prevent it from being over discharged and damaging the battery. It is recommended a lithium battery is not discharged below 3.0V so that it is not damaged therefore a lot of lithium batteries have a protection circuit which will shut off the battery and it has to be put on a charger to reactivate. For more info checkout the battery section of the forum and read the stickied post about using lithium batteries safely. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Using-Li-ion-cells-in-LED-flashlights-safely

The best way to keep from being caught in the dark is to keep the light charged after you use it for extended times, watch the red indicator light, and carry both of them. Most of us recommend carrying two lights no matter what as you may loose one, have one break, or need to loan a light and if you only have one light than you will be left in the dark.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the S1 baton rose gold and it shuts off when the voltage hits around 3.7(that is the voltage I read on my XTAR VP2 when charging. It will then not be possible to turn the light on. However, like some other users have reported after leaving it for about 10 to 15 minutes I can turn it back on turbo again.

I suspect a driver issue, but not sure.

peter666aa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, dear Tac Gunner

I tried with a non-rechargable 3V battery. The description says when I use these types of batteries, the red indicator will always be on. Yes, it works. Then the 3V battery gets discharged, at a point I can not able to turn on highest output level, only the second, then after I can not able to use second level, so on... But the flashlight never turns off fully. So in this case, the automatic output regulation works. I know, the 3V has no PCB, and the rechargable 3,7 V has, and that do the protect shutdown. But I do not understand why? Because my brother has an Olight M18 Maverick, and when I use that with any 18650 with PCB, and discharges, the red indicator starts light up, then I can not able to use higher levels until I won't recharge the battery, but still I can use automatically step downed outputs. I also has a Nitecore EA4, and it has also auto stepdown output regulation. I have a 2$ camping headlight, also do the output stepdown. I have a Fenix HP20 and it also do the auto regulation.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, dear Tac Gunner

I tried with a non-rechargable 3V battery. The description says when I use these types of batteries, the red indicator will always be on. Yes, it works. Then the 3V battery gets discharged, at a point I can not able to turn on highest output level, only the second, then after I can not able to use second level, so on... But the flashlight never turns off fully. So in this case, the automatic output regulation works. I know, the 3V has no PCB, and the rechargable 3,7 V has, and that do the protect shutdown. But I do not understand why? Because my brother has an Olight M18 Maverick, and when I use that with any 18650 with PCB, and discharges, the red indicator starts light up, then I can not able to use higher levels until I won't recharge the battery, but still I can use automatically step downed outputs. I also has a Nitecore EA4, and it has also auto stepdown output regulation. I have a 2$ camping headlight, also do the output stepdown. I have a Fenix HP20 and it also do the auto regulation.

It is all in the programming of the light and it is different for each light. Some lights have no step down and will stay in whatever mode you are using until the battery is dead.

FateOne

Newly Enlightened
Been looking at a S10R because I love the regular S10. Looks very convenient to charge at my desk at work. Then I wouldn't have to worry about it suddenly dropping out like that. Its good to hear this isnt a problem and is just the regular protection circuit.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes that is correct. These are just low battery warning and safety measures that we have in place. thanks guys!