Safe way to short the pot?

Raccoon

Enlightened
Lemme guess... more ND == more 1064? Buy a longer ND, get less wasted IR?

LaserMod

Enlightened
Errr ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif nope.

Not a bad theory though... the mod is basically to correct some of the bad heat management in the Leadlights.. a certain part is causing heat dissipation to be non-existent and needs removing and then a quick re-alignment again. Thats all I say for now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Raccoon

Enlightened
see what happens by snapping the ND off another assembly and slapping it on this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

emrbrtn

Enlightened
I dont mind. I like where this is going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. So, want me to change the subject?

GuANu

Newly Enlightened
anyone else sitting here looking at their 105 totally taken apart trying to figure this mod out? past couple hour i've taken mine apart about 4 times down to every piece.. then back together because i just cant see what to do =)

G

GuANu

Newly Enlightened
which glue, the clear holding the ir filter on, or the solid white "thermal" putty.. not like the solid white crap will do much of anything.... thats the only thing i can see to remove =)

G

LaserMod

Enlightened
Just tested another last night with the mod...looks good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll throw everything together and get a guide up for the weekend.

Raccoon

Enlightened
You still haven't told me what happens when you attach two ND crystals together to produce more 1064mw.

I think there has to be a realistic solution to the efficiency problem these lasers have. There's no reason for a mere 10% conversion of IR to Green. I'm sure this loss is due in part to the cost of the crystals and the lack of power required for a laser pointer. Get longer crystals and output more power.

LaserMod

Enlightened
Ok...just started the forum this evening. Stage 4 is there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry for the wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bootleg2go

Enlightened
What was stage 3? was it the shorting of the large capacitor and or the resistors below the pot?

Thanks
Jack