Searching for a new mini EDC

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
I'm a new owner of both of these lights and enjoy them both. I've not carried either as of yet though.

What do you think of the Olight gentle transitions?

I think I'm too impatient to have it fade between modes, I end up pressing it again because I think it's not registered my first click because it's fading.

Can it be switched off?

Estwald

Newly Enlightened
Hi RedSquirrel,

quick question: I was curious why you opted for the S Mini instead of the newer S1R. The difference in size is neglible, and the SR1 can crank out 960 lumens on turbo mode.
I do prefer the look of the S Mini, but it seems like the SR1 fits your criteria better; a hole for lanyard/keyring, easy recharge, etc.
Anyway was just wondering about your thought process.

I'm somewhat new to this realm but I have a few Fenix and Olights (& others), and had I seen your thread sooner, I would've definitely suggested you look at the Fenix E15 (2016 model). It fits your criteria perfectly (although no strobe) and for the size, power, durability - and price! - I just can't phathom a better cr123a keychain torch being created. ...although there are plenty of folks here that know more than me! But yeah, the E15 is a knockout.

RedSquirrel

Newly Enlightened
Hi RedSquirrel,

quick question: I was curious why you opted for the S Mini instead of the newer S1R. The difference in size is neglible, and the SR1 can crank out 960 lumens on turbo mode.
I do prefer the look of the S Mini, but it seems like the SR1 fits your criteria better; a hole for lanyard/keyring, easy recharge, etc.
Anyway was just wondering about your thought process.

I'm somewhat new to this realm but I have a few Fenix and Olights (& others), and had I seen your thread sooner, I would've definitely suggested you look at the Fenix E15 (2016 model). It fits your criteria perfectly (although no strobe) and for the size, power, durability - and price! - I just can't phathom a better cr123a keychain torch being created. ...although there are plenty of folks here that know more than me! But yeah, the E15 is a knockout.

Hello there, didn't even know the S1R had a keyring hole which would have made it a bit better, it's about 13mm larger but as you said it's not a major difference. Thought process was more along the lines of - I lost my EDC, new one required but fed up looking all over the place and being too indecisive haha! :D

I really like having a strobe for various reasons and the moonlight mode is always a must, probably used 2nd most behind full for me. The Fenix E15 looks good too; there's always plenty of excuses to add extra ones to the collection! :) Plus the low battery indicator looks very useful. I've been looking for torches with battery level indicators in this thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...es-with-Battery-Level-Indicators-and-Warnings

Also the Ti3 arrived today, it's a great single AAA although a single AAA can never compete with a 16340. Still impressed with the performance to price and it has a moonlight mode too.

Great recommendations, thanks LeanBurn and ChrisGarrett for the suggestions. :)

zvtVs0V.png