Seattle area 2015 fall meet-up - "It's getting cold" edition.

Any interest in getting together again this year before things get icy? I can get the word out on Reddit, BLF, etc. I recently joined the Tools in Action forum and there is a lot of interest in flashlights among some of their members.

What do people think about using Facebook to coordinate this time? Since we've been trying to get people from different forums together it might be easier to use it as a central spot, but I understand if there are privacy concerns. Years ago we tried Google Groups, but there were some issues.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol. :laughing:
I thought you, or a few members, may be up for a google challenge. (and wanted to give your thread a bump)

Prime Minista lives up in the Seattle area. In fact he is a pretty famous guy. I have always wanted to go there to meet up with him. I wish I could make it for meet up and go by and visit Prime.

cistallus

Enlightened
I think a Fall get-together is a great idea! That is, if we can get the word out more widely - the one earlier this year was fun but lightly attended. Maybe Facebook is the way to go, I don't know - as long as the essential info is here too.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Hi Matt,

FB is a great idea to coordinate this meetup. I missed the last meetup, so I hope to make it. But I'll be out of the country for the first two weeks in November.

Gary

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
I have missed too many. Gotta work on that! My aging arsenal of Heavy Lighting is an ongoing problem, but there are workarounds.
It's not that hard to rig for a trip across the sound for some really good flash-time with you guys.
I'm warming up to this opportunity. If I can strike an arc, there will be some serious shine!

I am still okay with the Google Group. It may work better for some of us now?

How does November 7th sound?

It looks like there's some serious interest here, and I just spoke to Mike, he should chime in later.

It's been a long time since we've seen the Death Ray! I hope you'll make it out this time IgNITEor.

cistallus

Enlightened
Hmm, only a week and a half until the 7th, and no recent activity here. I'm guessing it's not coming together for this Fall?

IgNITEor

Newly Enlightened
Hey Y'all! The Deathray is not going to come alive for this fall event, if we can still get it together.
There are some voltage converter/ignitor issues remaining. Working on this with an electronics tech.
I can and will deliver on the 24" KK light though. Found the other ERC ignitor to get that puppy lit. We can still get some
decent beam-age with that unit. So, you can still count me in.

Hey Y'all! The Deathray is not going to come alive for this fall event, if we can still get it together.
There are some voltage converter/ignitor issues remaining. Working on this with an electronics tech.
I can and will deliver on the 24" KK light though. Found the other ERC ignitor to get that puppy lit. We can still get some
decent beam-age with that unit. So, you can still count me in.

Sorry to hear about the Deathray, is the 24" KK light the retrofit carbon arc?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess we should start the discussion of a PNW spring get together.

If no one has had contact with skeptic in awhile, we may need to talk of some alternative locations. We've done the park in Seattle a couple times. I have an idea for a state park down here not far from PDX.

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen? :)

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Off-topic, but I went out to Magnuson Park two nights ago for a walk, and to test out three new lights. That site is still so cool! Expansive, dark, walking paths to test flood, lots of trees in the distance to test throw.

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess we should start the discussion of a PNW spring get together.

If no one has had contact with skeptic in awhile, we may need to talk of some alternative locations. We've done the park in Seattle a couple times. I have an idea for a state park down here not far from PDX.

Thoughts ladies and gentlemen? :)

What park did you have in mind..? PDX area would be nice. At the moment I still only have the little Kia Rio and a small trailer to tow my big searchlights and large power generator. Only traveling within the Portland Area for now would be nice.