Sebenza question

brucec

Enlightened
I bought one of these Sebenzas after hearing so many good things about them. But, I wasn't very fond of the paracord knot dongle, so I cut it off. Now that little blue lanyard hole post thing kind of rattles in the socket. Is there any way to remove it or stop it from rattling (besides putting the paracord back in)?

And also, thanks for all of the good posts for this knife. It is very nice indeed. My wife actually used it and said she liked it. Which, save for the Haiku, she has never said about any knife or flashlight I have ever owned.

AMRaider

Enlightened
Taking apart your Sebenza will allow you to remove the lanyard post. This will not void your warranty. CRK even provides a wrench with each new Sebenza for take down and cleaning. They can be a little tricky to put back together if you have never done it before as the tolerances are very tight. If you have any problems, I would give CRK a call; in my experience, their customer service is excellent. Cheers.

trickyvic

Newly Enlightened
+1 on what AMRadier said. Congrats on your first sebbie! Which one did you get?

brucec

Enlightened
Thanks for the tips. I'll try taking the post out the next time I clean it. Although that might be a while...

I got the small Sebenza 21. Plain old vanilla version.

AncientSword

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of Sabenza's, look what I just made.

This one is for when I get dressed up:

DSC03058.jpg

And this one is for any other time:

DSC03081.jpg