Selfbuilt's 100-Yard Outdoor Beamshots 2011 - NEW!

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Gald you are enjoying the comparisons. Appreciate the support. :grouphug:

I enjoy doing these comparisons, as they are rather revealing (i.e. it's a good location, despite the unforeseen aerial tower lights). Biggest challenge is just doing the updates, since you can really only directly compare lights taken at the same time.
So just take a day off and do every light there is :D

EDC SR90 FTW!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
So just take a day off and do every light there is :D
I think you mean take a night off? ;) Given the long days this time of year, that would rather eat into my sleep cycle. :tired:

I am also limited to lights I have on hand. FYI, I also don't take loaner lights for testing (too many risks with damage during shipping, handling, testing, etc. - plus unsure history of the lights, potential mods/damage, versioning, etc.).

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
selfbuilt,
Skilhunt told me they sent you a Defier X3 for evaluation - any way you can include a beamshot of it down the same path so we can see a comparison? ..and I'm glad I didn't pick up a Scorpion yet... Looks like the Scorpion 2 absolutely destroys the original in terms of output...

Thanks!
Shao

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Skilhunt told me they sent you a Defier X3 for evaluation - any way you can include a beamshot of it down the same path so we can see a comparison?
Yes, a Defier X1 and X3 arrived the same day I took these beamshots, so I managed to include them in my beamshot taking. I haven't uploaded the pics yet to this thread, as I want to be further along in the testing and reviewing of the lights (i.e. to put the beamshots in context). I hope to have those reviews ready by the end of the week, and will update this thread with two extra pics at the same time. :wave:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love these threads. 100 yards is about perfect too.

I would like to see some Lamdalights.com XM-L and SST-90 builds, which are just Mag builds with Rebel Deep Reflectors. I bet these would be shocking to show against the SR90.

bigC

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
I love these threads. 100 yards is about perfect too.

I would like to see some Lamdalights.com XM-L and SST-90 builds, which are just Mag builds with Rebel Deep Reflectors. I bet these would be shocking to show against the SR90.

bigC

Have a look at the beamshots in this thread. ;)

- Syncytial.

Latest posts