• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SF M6-R order information and updates

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have finally done another update to the first post, and the payment/order list is now up-to-date as of this post, although I am expecting at least one check in today's mail or possibly tomorrows, and I will get that (and any other payments) updated the next time I do an edit.

The Twinfly 12V 5A power supplies are on their way to me, and the Hitecs are on their way to Bill, so that only leaves the LVR's which have still not arrived. If they do not come in todays mail, I will call Willie this afternoon to get an update. I also need to get my hands on a fair square footage of 1/16" thick copper sheet, but I doubt this will be a problem.

I am still in the middle of assembling packs, but have not yet done the electrical connections to turn a physical 3x3 into a 9s configuration. Plus, when I get the regulators, I will have a lot of work to solder lead wires onto the MOSFETS and then to the boards, as well as gluing on the silicon rubber strips so that the boards mate safely and securely on the packs. And lots of other work to wire everything up and make the end caps and charging cables and so on.

Still, I have no reason to change my estimate of one month till all orders are delivered, from the time I get ALL the supplies. I think I can make that without any trouble, and I hope to better it. Feel free to post questions or ask for updates or whatnot. Thanks everyone.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be updating the list again soon, but for the moment, I just wanted to report that while I received the power supplies from mpja, I am still waiting on the LVR's. I talked with Willie Hunt and he said that he is running behind schedule, but that he is building them this week and will send me 10 at first to verify the settings. So I am unclear on just when the last of the LVR's will be in my possession--err, actually, I wouldn't say I know for sure when the first 10 will be in my hands either. Willie is a pretty busy guy. I haven't talked with Bill yet, but I am assuming that he has the Hitecs by now and will be sending me my 20.

On another note, my plan is to fill the orders for those who will be getting both an M6-R pack and a charging system OR charging cable, because almost all of those people who ordered only an M6-R pack (with no CC or charging system) were obviously counting on having their USL orders, including the charging system with their USL's, to allow them to charge their M6-R's. Please let me know if anyone objects to this plan.

Obviously, I will abandon this prioritizing scheme when the USL orders start shipping.

rick258

Enlightened
Hi Jim -- Not sure what catagory I fall into but please ship my order as soon as possible as I have a virgin M6 just waiting on the M6R pack. I will not open the M6 unti I have the M6R as I cannot afford to run it on 123's.

Thanks
Rick

Geheim

Newly Enlightened
Jim,

If it makes any difference I have a charging system in place. All I need is your order to arrive. No rush either way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chad

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
rick258, and Geheim,

Both of you guys have charging cables (CC or BCC) listed in your order so you would not fall into the above category. People who only ordered an M6-R pack(s) with no charging cable MUST be counting on getting their USL orders, which most likely will be arriving later than the first M6-R orders. So if I send out these type of orders before the USL orders go out, the M6-R packs will be more or less useless. Kapish?

Anyway, to repeat, I would not delay either of your orders because you have a CC or BCC listed, so I would assume that you have a way to charge the M6-R packs already and will not be relying on the charging system that comes with the USL orders. So, no worries.

Also, USL field testers (such as tvodrd) already have their USL charging systems, so they would not fall into this category either. I will not be delaying tvodrd's order, for example, because I know that he already has a way to charge an M6-R pack.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted in the SF M6-R - part 2 thread, M6-R pack #001, that brightnorm field tested and reviewed will be auctioned or raffled off to benefit CPF. I will post a thread in the CPF benefit auctions forum in a few hours. Anyone who is interested should note that I will release you from your commitment to your M6-R order should you win.

Thanks, everyone.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Darn,

That means I am going to finally have to read that Triton manual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) Should I get lucky if it's a raffle, you ain't releasing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad71.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

cy

Flashaholic
PP sent for my two M6R's...

can't wait to turn my M6 into a "User" light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks again for keeping track of everyone and making these coool packs.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
brightnorm,

Please respond to my emails or PM. I have a question about your M6-R/USL orders.

J_Oei,

Did you see where I mentioned that you forgot to include the $10 shipping cost in your PayPal payment? No rush, but please be sure to get me the extra $10 at some point--you can wait until I contact you that your order is ready to ship if you want.

Everyone,

Willie Hunt told me that he would send me 10 LVR's this Monday the 6th, but I'm not holding my breath. He's been crazy busy lately, so it may turn out to be a bit later in the week. Also, I have 10 Hitec's in my possession and the other 10 will be here tomorrow, so other than a couple more square feet of 1/16" copper sheet and the regulators, I have everything I need to make up the M6-R orders. So they should all be shipped by, say, mid to late July, depending on when I get the LVR's.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Just a reminder, these conversions are GREAT! I still love mine as much as the day I started field testing it. Absolutely NO buyer's remorse.

Thanks again!

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi Jim my Birthday is July 29th not that it matters or anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed this boat by a couple of months! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

stuartyr

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jim, just to let you know my order is OK and I am still here! I will pay before shipping if you dont mind.

cheers

Stuarty

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
stuartyr,

No problem.

Catdaddy,

Thanks!

Everyone,

Willie Hunt will be mailing out the first 10 of the LVR's today or tomorrow at the latest, so, yes, this is a bit behind schedule, which itself was a bit behind schedule. Frankly, considering how busy he is lately, I'm just thankful that he's doing these LVR's at all.

So, assuming he mails them out tomorrow, I should have them on or before Wednesday of next week, and thus, if I'm lucky, I may be able to send out a handful of orders the week following that. But, that is assuming that the LVR's are acceptable and made to the specs I provided. Part of me is quite sure that there will be something done differently this time which will throw a wrench or two in the works. Grrrrrr. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that that doesn't happen.

I will be updating the summary thread with a new picture with the actual Hitec charger, auto adaptor cable, and TwinFly power supply. Soon. Also, I might throw in some pics in this thread of the work in progress --stacks of batteries, end caps, etc. Stay tuned.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
That eternal optimist, Murphy! Btw, any chance I could save some money on "shipping?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Larry

Latest posts