SF Saint Minimus redesign?

jrv

Newly Enlightened
My dealer told me my order for another Saint Minimus would be delayed about a month because the Minimus is being redesigned. Does anyone know what SF might be changing?

I like the Minimus as-is and am getting one for my dad.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't know what the redesign is but I would be curious to find out as well. I have been considering adding another Saint (this time a Minimus) to my lineup because I like my first one so much. One good purchase should be rewarded with another, am I right.

pulstar

Enlightened
I agree and just want to thank you that you "convinced" me a couple of months ago, to buy this fine headlamp. It is great, that floody beam is made for outdoor use, but still has around 40m of throw. I even use my Minimus as a reading light when there's no other alternative and it works great!:huh:

Excelman

Newly Enlightened
did posts here get deleted?
I remember posting pictures of the new minimus in this topic a while back ago.
What happened.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yes, everything got deleted, for essentially Dec-March, even post counts, some threads/posts have been brought back. Notice that you had 0 posts (1 now).

Bill

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the original release the entire cell tube was removed to replace the battery. The latest variant requires only the end cap to be removed to swap out the battery. The current model has very aggressive knurling as opposed to the originals E1Besq finish. This by the way makes the latest variant larger and more robust feeling. I would guestimate the overall volume the light displaces now is about 10-15% greater than the original. The 10 lumen detent (sp?) is gone in the new version. As for as I can tell the emitter is still the same.

kelmo

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I have a newer one then, because only the end cap needs to be removed for a cell change... I bought it from LL Bean when they were having that crazy sale a few months back...

ishmael

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know when or even if they will be selling the parts to make a minimus a saint with the dual fuel option?

Numbers

Enlightened
I just received my new design Minimus. Very nice, decent beam quality but i dont think it puts out 100 lumens on max. This is based on my ceiling bounce test compared to my original 65 lumen L4, which is brighter (which we know was really 100 lumens, for those that remember that discussion from years ago) or compared to my actual 65 lumen L1, or to my 80 lumen g2l, both of which are only very slightly dimmer.
What say you, do you think the Saint is putting out 100 lumens?

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
No comparison between the L4 and the St M. One is a tight beam, the other very floody.
I would say 100 lumens for sure.

Latest posts