Shot Show 2003 Feb 13- Feb16... Time to Get Serious

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Wife and I will be at our hotel late Thursday and leaving nid-Sunday to drive to FT. Liquordale.

George Orl

Newly Enlightened
I will be attending SHOT show this Friday. Can't wait to see the latest proposed torches SF, ARC and others have to offer. Also looking forward to meeting PK, Peter and many others. I plan on bringing my briefcase onto the show floor with a few of my flashlights. Is this allowed?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are in Orlando at one of the comfort suites. I have an interent connection (usally). We will be setting up our booth tomorrow (wednesday). The plan is later this week to have a get together of friends. Ted Bear has the location we got the refreshments. Merri and I also bought a bunch of fireworks (they were on sale!) so we will set those off later this week as well. We need some place secluded though because we got a lot of air stuff.

See you soon.

Peter Gransee

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lake Eola might be a fun place to shoot them off
smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Stingray, I was hoping someone local could make a suggestion. I grew up in Flordia but that was 20 years ago and a lot has changed...

Our booth #6393, will be a hub for connecting up with other people. Our cell phone number is 480-250-7135. We are starting a list of people's cell phone numbers (no need to post it here, call us on our cell to get the numbers).

We are finding that not everyone has FRS or a reliable internet connection so cell phones are it.

Today for lunch and dinner anyone is welcome to join us. Just give me a call.

Peter Gransee

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twenty-five years ago, Lake Eola had bums on the west side and perverts on the east side.
What side do we meet at? :smile:

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I haven't lived in Orlando since 1968, but I was up there a month or so ago and I drove by the lake just to see the big fountain. I parked on the side with all the houses, not the downtown side, don't know whether it was west or east...I wasn't paying attention then, got out, and walked along the stone walkway by the lake. I saw a few families strolling along, with children and baby carriages. I did get some funny looks, don't know why, guess because I was alone.

Peter, the lake is sort of in the middle of the city, it's not really secluded, it's just a pretty lake with a big, somewhat famous, colorful fountain in the middle of it, so you could probably shoot off some fireworks, then leave quickly before the cops chase us away, but maybe someone who lives there now could give us a better location where no one would mind fireworks.

WaltH

Enlightened
I do not recommend shooting fireworks off at Lake Eola. The police frown upon that.

Bums are still on the west side. I guess the perverts must have moved somewhere else cuz the east side is clear.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Met up with Jeff (ted bear) for lunch at dennys across from the convention center. Nice guy!

Walt gave us a call as well. See the rest of you soon.

Went to the convention center and set up our booth. Henry will be in tonight.

Btw, it costs $10 to park at the center.

Peter

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
Peter, I'm flying in Thursday night, staying near the airport. Planning to visit your booth first thing Friday morning. Leaving Sunday @ 2pm so may have a few more hours at the show Sunday morning. Leave message on my cell (818-635-7655) if you need anything or to locate me. My pager is western states only. - Steve

N162E

Enlightened
RE, cameras at the shot show. I have taken cameras to the shot show several times and never had a problem They don't seem to mind personal pics, its more they want control over journalism. Smith and Wesson law enforcement makes a one shot disposable crime scene camera. Tell them what a great item you think it is and you would like your buddy the Chief of Police from hometown USA to see it. They will give you a couple and you can use them there.

N162E

Enlightened
Someone asked about bringing in his briefcase with some of his lights in it. I would not recommend carrying an extra ounce of anything you don't need. This show has several "Miles of aisles" and unless you are buying you will not have much opportunity to sit down.

N162E

Enlightened
Tip, A little planning for the show can go a long way. When you get there study the map and locations ov the vendors you want to see. Contrary to some popular belief there is not an area devoted to flashlight displays, they will be scattered through the whole show. If you try to just come accross everyone you want to see you will probably miss someone.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm im Ocala for a visit. I will be in Orlando in about three hours. Damn, this is fun.