Shouldn't Lumens Factory Have a Turbo Head?

ugrey

Enlightened
The days are getting shorter, I need a incandescent turbo head real bad! :) Seriously, I think the only SureFire Flashlight/part I never got, that I wanted, was an SRTH. I would love to have one now from Lumens Factory.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's not too late, but it is too expensive. Thanks

I agree.. I paid much less five years ago. If LF can come out at half the price for the same performance, Pyrex lens, similar ergonomics, small and light, they'll sell. They don't need to beat the SRTH in everything - they just need to make it accessible at a better price.

The SRTH is also Type II anodized - if they can do HA, especially HABK, they already have a one-up advantage. And Pyrex instead of Lexan so we can cram the awesome IMR-M6 lamp into it and rock :D

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in this project.
We have been busy with the E Series LED Heads recently and experienting on warm tint LEDs as well.

We have this planned and I will get back to it tomorrow and hopefully bring it out soon.
I am looking to make it in a M thread platform, so it can be used on both the M Series and C/P Series with a M to C Adaptor.
Rest assured that we will not let the mighty incan die off that easily, we are a bulb maker by trade so we will do our best to keep it going.

Off topic a bit, we have got emails asking if we will discontinue our incandescent lineups since Surefire seems to be fading them out.
The answer to that is NO, we will keep our incandescent lineup available and will expend it even if we need to.

Cheers,

Mark
Lumens Factory

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
I know this is slightly OT, but any chance of another run of low output 9v D26 bulbs (you made some a while ago, approx .8A draw, slightly dimmer than P60)?

Cheers,
Nova

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Not sure if making cells is really LF's thing, but sourcing and distributing a quality IMR 17670 would be good - I need something to really push a fivemega FM1909 bulb in a tri-bored Mag. :)

Speaking of which, with FM out of 1909s, and WA1185 getting harder to get hold of (certainly in the UK at any rate), have LF ever considered making high output G4 bi-pins?

And yes, an aftermarket, 'unloaded' turbohead would be very nice. :D

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the slow demise of incandescents

Demise? I don't think so, incan still has alot of life to burn, us diehard incan guys will still be around for quite sometime, I know this old bulb here has alot of tungeston left :thumbsup:

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi Nova,

We can, but the demand is the consideration as well.

Hi Stephan,

If we were to make Bi-Pin lamps and setups such as Bi-Pin modules and such, we would have done it long ago. It is not a setup we favored so we will not look into it.

Ps. I don't think there will ever be an IMR 17670, well at least for AW anyways.

Cheers,

Mark

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
:whistle:Yeah...promises...

True, but at least it isn't a straight out 'no', and indeed, sounds quite promising.

Hi Nova,

We can, but the demand is the consideration as well.

Hi Stephan,

If we were to make Bi-Pin lamps and setups such as Bi-Pin modules and such, we would have done it long ago. It is not a setup we favored so we will not look into it.

Ps. I don't think there will ever be an IMR 17670, well at least for AW anyways.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for your response.

Did think I might was being a bit optimistic in relation to bulbs, but worth a try. :D Yep, if you'll only stock AW cells (which is no bad policy), then no, we'll probably not be seeing IMR17670s - certainly not any time soon.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Mark@LF, I don't know how far along you guys are with this project but I hope that when designing this new turbohead you consider going with a 3 inch head over a 2 inch or 2.5 inch turbohead. I believe a 3 inch head would excite customers more so over a 2.5 inch turbohead, reason being many of us already have 2.5 inch turbohead's simply because that's all that surefire offers anymore, and I believe a 3 inch turbohead would be much more appealing to all users, especially those who already own 2.5 inch turboheads, not to mention the increased performance over a 2.5 inch head. The old 3 inch turboheads that surefire discontinued many years ago are held in high regards by many here and these specimens are few and in far between nowadays and are prized by many users, not to mention how difficult finding LA for them are. I can't see many of us swapping our current 2.5 inch turboheads for another type of 2.5 inch head, even if it is better in many ways, what I can see, is alot of users swapping their old 2.5 inch heads for a new 3 inch turbohead. Going with a 3 inch design is the best route to go IMHO. Thank you.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm interested to see what is made, but the closer it is to an SRTH clone that fits on a C/P/Z/G/D body, the happier I think most of us will be and the more that will fly off the shelves.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
If lumensfactory releases a 2.5 inch turbohead you can count me out. I already have 2.5 inch surefire turboheads, and a whole lot of other surefire owners do as well. I don't see how lumensfactory could improve much, if any, over surefires current 2.5 inch KT heads. I could see alot of M3, M4, and M6 owners swapping their heads out for a larger 3 inch head with deep reflector, what I couldn't see is them swapping out the KT head for another 2.5 inch head with small improvements, if any.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
The current plan was to release a SRTH clone with updated externals that have M sized thread with a removable M to C adaptor.

I will have to sacrifice one of the SRTH that I have in my personal collection to make this happen.

I am also interested in making a 3 inch version, but I do not have a sample to use at all. I will try to find a specimen to examine if I can.

Cheers.

Mark