Show your lights with trits!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys....I have a new camera:twothumbs

That light is a Surefire M500 that has been turned into a handheld light. Short and fat and has the MB10 battery carrier...Kind of a stubby M6/M3.:thumbsup: I slotted the switch and installed the tritium. First light with a trit and still one of the best uses of one of the vials so far:naughty:

Heres more:

011-6.jpg

G1K

Newly Enlightened
Also not lights per say, but some titanium and tritium goodness...

light.jpg

dark.jpg

R

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also not lights per say, but some titanium and tritium goodness...

R

THOSE ARE SWEET!!!:twothumbs
(I'll take a silver/Green one please..:poke::))

Any for sale?

My pics aren't of lights either...but they have Trits!!

Heres what I did to my keys last night.
I used a dremel tool to slot them and then epoxied the trits into the slots on the keys.
Now I dont need to use my flashlight when going into the garage or house at night....AND I know what key is for what, with no second guessing!:thumbsup:

007-11.jpg

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, folks !

Here's my Titanium Aleph1 with PEU Ti Body. :)

lite1091.jpg

photorob

Enlightened
that's sweet. i have a P1. how much work is it so that it will accept a trit? if so, what size trit do you need? (and where do you get it)

That tritium your interested in is a tritium inside a plastic tube hung by a keyring. It is made by a person on this forum. You can buy them in any color. I think they are about 20 bucks a piece. Dam I think I own like 10 of them. You can get them here.,

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=182082

StarHalo

Flashaholic
that's sweet. i have a P1. how much work is it so that it will accept a trit? if so, what size trit do you need? (and where do you get it)

Photorob's right, it is indeed a Merkava DIY II on the P1's lanyard hole. You take the tiny split ring off the Fenix "lobster claw" clip included with your P1, then use it to attach the tritium.

Merkava has a bunch of different colors, though some are available only at some times.

Mercaptan

Enlightened
This kind of counts, right?

tritium1mh6.jpg

tritium2vf8.jpg

tritium3nw5.jpg

Oh the horror! Look at that beamshot!

tritium4fq3.jpg

The offender in question.

DedEye

Newly Enlightened
So, is the tritium just for looks, or does it serve a functional purpose? They look cool, is it to find them in the dark?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
So, is the tritium just for looks, or does it serve a functional purpose? They look cool, is it to find them in the dark?

It is indeed to find your light in the dark, which is infinitely useful on a flashlight.

Imagine being at a cluttered desk that has your flashlight on it, when suddenly the power goes out, total complete pitch blackness. With a tritium, you can see instantly and obviously where your flashlight is, even from across the room. Without it, you end up feeling around helplessly in the dark, which defeats the purpose of a good flashlight in the first place..

Another scenario, you're outdoors on a moonless night, and you turn off your light for a moment, then accidentally drop it. A tritium makes this a non-event, you just pick up the flashlight without a worry. Without a tritium, you could be in for a very bad night..