Sign-up thread for the MillerMods high power Arc AAA Cree XR-E mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
UncleFester said:
Hmm..... I guess I should post to confirm.
Mr. MillerMods.
As per our discussion in PM, I would like to change my order to
25mA, 1.5, Qx
Complete light.
Thank you sir.

I hate being a PITA. I guess I should post the latest changes to my order.
25mA, 1.5W, P4 WH. I'd love to wait for a Q bin but I'm frothing at the mouth to see this little gem. Maybe I'll get a Q bin later when they come available. :D

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't blame you one bit UncleFester, I was frothing at the mouth too! I would have loved to wait for the Q bin LEDs, but I've found my little light (with a P4) to be perfect just the way it is...... and it WAS worth waiting for. What a fine beam (smooth), and the ARC AAA body is easily as nice as everybody said it is.

I've found this little light to be a fine combination of simple, but elegant craftsmanship blended with cutting edge LED technology into a tiny package just a bit smaller than my little finger. Amazing!

This cute little gem has earned a permanent place on my keyring. :rock:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone opt's to change to a P4, they will get their light much faster. I currently have the following tints in P4's: WB, WD, and WH in order from coolest to warmest.
The estimate for time of delivery right now if you changed your order would put you somewhere between the end of this month and the middle of April.

Scottiver

Enlightened
I've always had the P3 on order, should I change to the P4? Would that make a diffrerence in timing or price? Is P4 now your default bin?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
MillerMods said:
I currently have the following tints in P4's: WB, WD, and WH in order from coolest to warmest.
I do not know we can ask for a specific tint. Can you provide me with a WD if possible. Mynext preference is WC (I believe you got some of those in P3.)
I do not have paypal. Can you notify me as early as possible so there is minimum delay as a money order is sent and cashed. Also will need your snail mail address.

Last edited:

bwm

Newly Enlightened
I would like to change my order.
I will still provide the emitter (a p4 WH) but I would like you to provide the arc.

Brian

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scottiver said:
I've always had the P3 on order, should I change to the P4? Would that make a diffrerence in timing or price? Is P4 now your default bin?

P4 is now the default bin. I don't have any P3's and I won't be buying more.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDninja said:
I do not know we can ask for a specific tint. Can you provide me with a WD if possible. Mynext preference is WC (I believe you got some of those in P3.)
I do not have paypal. Can you notify me as early as possible so there is minimum delay as a money order is sent and cashed. Also will need your snail mail address.
I have plenty of P4 WD's. I'll let you know ASAP.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man this light is great! Almost everyone who sees me using it wants to hold it. Some of them try to be critical :
- "Right, it has to work on a special and expensive cell"
- "Nope, just a regular rechargeable AAA cell"
- "Then the LED must be incredibly overdriven so the lifetime is only a few hours"
- "Nope, it is well withing specs and heatsinked"
- "Then it probably has a battery life of only some seconds"
- "Nope, half an hour on high and more than 4 hours on low"
- "All right, this little flashlight really IS incredible"
- "Sure it is :)"

Thanks to MillerMods! And good luck for building all the orders :)

EDIT : happy posting to me, this is my 1000th post on CPF :)

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Erasmus said:
Thanks to MillerMods! And good luck for building all the orders :)

EDIT : happy posting to me, this is my 1000th post on CPF :)

Thanks Erasmus :) I plan on ramping up my production a good bit here in the next week. I've been remodeling my house for awhile now off and on again. Time to switch gears again! :D

Luff

Enlightened
I'd like to switch to the WD P4 for now, other specs remain the same. I'll buy another with a Q3 when you have those in stock. Thanks!

Scottiver

Enlightened
MillerMods said:
P4 is now the default bin. I don't have any P3's and I won't be buying more.

OK, make both of mine P4's which you were going to do anyway. I've never heard of the tints your offering but my favorite in a LuxIII is a WO bin so if any of yours are similar to that then that's what I would like. Thanks.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scottiver said:
OK, make both of mine P4's which you were going to do anyway. I've never heard of the tints your offering but my favorite in a LuxIII is a WO bin so if any of yours are similar to that then that's what I would like. Thanks.

This is a break-down of the way I see it for tint comparisons to Luxeon's:

WB ~ YO
WC ~ XO
WD ~ WO
WG ~ X1
WH ~ V1 (but the WH tend to be very white when driven at currents higher than 500mA, although that doesn't apply to my AAA mods)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.