Skarp Laser Razor - brilliant or bust?

Imon

Enlightened
So I saw this "laser razor" on Kickstarter awhile back and the video really got me hyped about how awesome it could be to shave with a laser.
I held back from supporting it though since they didn't actually have a video of a working prototype.

Well, about a few days back I saw the video below of what I suppose is a early prototype and it looks pretty dreadful.

Seems if they want to live up to even half of what they promised there is a long way to go.

This may be a bit off topic for CPF but can this even be accomplished?
Could a laser razor actually be a practical way to shave?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I saw this "laser razor" on Kickstarter awhile back and the video really got me hyped about how awesome it could be to shave with a laser.
I held back from supporting it though since they didn't actually have a video of a working prototype.

Well, about a few days back I saw the video below of what I suppose is a early prototype and it looks pretty dreadful.

Seems if they want to live up to even half of what they promised there is a long way to go.

This may be a bit off topic for CPF but can this even be accomplished?
Could a laser razor actually be a practical way to shave?
Accomplished? Sure! Safely? Wellllll, that's what's going to keep me from being an early adopter.

Also, this thing would be FDA regulated as a laser? If above 5mw, you couldn't bring it into the US afaik.