Skilhunt Defier X3 (High Output, XM-L) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES, DETAILED PICS+

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I recently purcahsed one of these for myself. I went with the smooth reflector. One thing I noticed is that the light has a yellowish tint to it around the bright white middle. The middle of the hotspot and the flood portion seem to be around 4 to 4500k. Is yours the same way?

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purcahsed one of these for myself. I went with the smooth reflector. One thing I noticed is that the light has a yellowish tint to it around the bright white middle. The middle of the hotspot and the flood portion seem to be around 4 to 4500k. Is yours the same way?

My X3 shows yellowish tint around the corona area and the spill beam region shows pure white. Mine is almost same way as yours.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Yes, mine was similar as well (you can see a bit of it in the beamshots).

Color variation in the corona around the hotspot is common on a lot of lights (especially ones where the reflector flattens out near the base around the emitter). This one is better than some I've come across.

Latest posts