• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen 2nd Run?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Prices of materials have doubled since the first run of SLN from serial 1-60. I am thinking about doing run 2 of Serial 61-90. I cant afford to do this unless I have at least 15 interested. The price will be $250 just like before despite the huge price hike on my end. I am mostly doing this hoping to sell P60vn with the host to make a little profit. I am also planning to do all 61-90 in the gorgeous Clear Anodized as shown below.

In transparency I also making another 21700 P60 host that will be named Sky Lumen Tactical or SLT and the price will be MUCH cheaper since it will be made in China. This light will be unique compared to the SLN in terms of quality, form factor, and even functions. But it ain't no SLN. :p

Interest Sign Up Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H9dhfsIvVHZssN1pSKK4WDqWovxcByOOFswKK5M9Zto/edit?usp=sharing

Sky Lumen Nguyen Specifications & Test Videos

Sky Lumen Nguyen - Bulletproof R

20210910_130205 2.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I think someone accidentally deleted the selected serials. Please refill if this is important for you.

RamBull

Newly Enlightened
No worries. I cut paste the quantity and serial numbers it was on column "L" I believe.

Any chance the 219b mule's will be available?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Look like we got 10 sign up. Lets wait a couple days. If we can hit 15 then game on.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm excited about the Sky Lumen Tactical! When do we get more info (when does the project start, when should they be ready, prices, what will they look like, etc.)?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I'm excited about the Sky Lumen Tactical! When do we get more info (when does the project start, when should they be ready, prices, what will they look like, etc.)?

Proto V2 is in production right now. If it looks good I will have it mass produced. I'm keeping the details low key at the moment. When the time is right I will post about it. But as the name suggest. This version will be oriented around "Tactical" use.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
We got more than 15 way sooner than I thought. I went ahead and told the shop to start production. I will request payment upon delivery :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
USA made/production is usually slower and move from shop to shop for a single project. EVERYTHING is TOO expensive.
China made/production is usually lighting quick and all done in house at one shop. Crazy cheap prices! Allow the whole world to have toys.

It's obvious that China has wildly stepped up their game with excellent quality products while still maintaining great prices.

I gotta admit I am proud a American and I try my best to support USA made products whenever I can. But sometimes its hard...SLN if made in China would likely be 2 - 3 times less. But...I refuse to have this light made anywhere else beside USA (Australia is also a cheaper alternative) so we went back to the drawing board and design the SLT for a more budget friendly alternative.

In all honestly the SLN is one of the best quality light I have ever handled. The machining, materials, and finishes just feel special that most other lights does not match. I am obviously bias so take that for what its worth. :)