SkyRay King XM-L2 4X

mogul

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

First off this is my first post on this forum, so consider this my introduction.

I just purchased my first flashlight, after much debate and searching around. I decided to purchase a SkyRay King XM-L2 4X light from Willbuying.com, but I am having trouble finding information on this light. No one seems to own it, there are no discussions on it, and I can only find it on this one site, and Ebay. I am wondering if anyone else has this light or has at least heard anything about. From the small amount I have heard it seems to be the real deal, but the lack of overall information is very strange, and for $39.99 it seems to be to good of a deal for 4X XM-L2 LED's. Which are pretty much brand new. Does anyone have any more information regarding this light, or has anyone actually purchased this and tested it? Discuss, and any helpful info will be appreciated!

Paul_DW

Enlightened
Hey guys,

First off this is my first post on this forum, so consider this my introduction.

I just purchased my first flashlight, after much debate and searching around. I decided to purchase a SkyRay King XM-L2 4X light from Willbuying.com, but I am having trouble finding information on this light. No one seems to own it, there are no discussions on it, and I can only find it on this one site, and Ebay. I am wondering if anyone else has this light or has at least heard anything about. From the small amount I have heard it seems to be the real deal, but the lack of overall information is very strange, and for $39.99 it seems to be to good of a deal for 4X XM-L2 LED's. Which are pretty much brand new. Does anyone have any more information regarding this light, or has anyone actually purchased this and tested it? Discuss, and any helpful info will be appreciated!
I have one in transit, will throw some beamshots up when it arrives.

mogul

Newly Enlightened
I have one in transit, will throw some beamshots up when it arrives.

Do you think it's a real SRK or a knock off? Haven't been able to tell. Either way it looks promising based on the YouTube video I saw.

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is the real deal

cheap big lumens
at the cost of pwm and possibly high pitch whine

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the "SkyRay Kung (with the letter u). 4 XML2s. Mine is not quite as bright as my SkyRay King. 3 XML2s. (with the letter i) with the same batteries (Panasonic 18650B protected). They are both crazy bright and fun to play with.... PWM on both.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Sold a black king (not kung) 4x a while back. It is brighter than the 3x. It has a wider & brighter spill as well with average throw. It's a room sweeper, so if you love flood you'll gonna like this 4x king.

Paul_DW

Enlightened
I have the "SkyRay Kung (with the letter u). 4 XML2s. Mine is not quite as bright as my SkyRay King. 3 XML2s. (with the letter i) with the same batteries (Panasonic 18650B protected). They are both crazy bright and fun to play with.... PWM on both.

Sold a black king (not kung) 4x a while back. It is brighter than the 3x. It has a wider & brighter spill as well with average throw. It's a room sweeper, so if you love flood you'll gonna like this 4x king.
Conflicting opinions, but might be linked to what I've read before that it's hit or miss as to what you get. Some good, some ok, so obv not all the same!

My 'King' is ok. It's actually excellent when you take into account the cost, but put it against a REAL flashlight and it's just a toy really.

Still worth every one of my thirty eight dollars tho! ... :)

I've got a 'Kung' in transit so will do a comparison thread once it arrives.

Last edited:

aerosupply

Newly Enlightened
Hi all:wave:
I just received my new King xm-l2 4x yesterday and it's quite nice for the price, extremely floody and with a nice throw, lights up my whole farmyard!
It a bit sharp on the edges for my liking. Machining is pretty nice though, but not close to higher price tag lites.
I also have a TM26 on it's way and can do a comparison if anyone interested.

dna89

Newly Enlightened
The King & Kung.. Pardon me, I love pictures.
yuxl.jpg

zjtz.jpg

King
i9yq.jpg

Kung
i1df.jpg

My Kung I bought just days after they came out.. It seems to do really well. But I have gotten very mixed reviews on them.